PDA

View Full Version : Got any Crash and rebuild pics or vids? post em here!

GreenAce92
02-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Hi,

I posted this because i wanted to your crashed plane and see how well you guys can put them back together. See your "rebuilding" skills.

So yeah just post a pic/vid like before and after lol and describe what happend!

Thanks!:D

GreenAce92
02-01-2008, 02:44 AM
Well here are a couple of mine there not that bad but are ok. I also have a vid of me crashing my plane. These are the only recorded crashes and rebuild.

My J3 Cub crashed(and lost for 3 weeks straight) many times in a row but i keep rebuilding it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnik_5XZEjc

Ribcracker
02-01-2008, 02:53 AM
I've done so much with so little for so long that now I can do nearly anything with nothing.
Don't give up on your plane unless you're tired of it and want a new one.
Just about all of them can be brought back to life.
Peace,
Bud

GreenAce92
02-01-2008, 03:13 AM
Wow! nice work with the balsa i gotta try it myself sometime get a Greatplanes 40in pipercub kit. Thats a really nice rebuild! I love my Parkzone Cub its a nice scale foamy that deadsticks very nice and can handle powerlines.:D

carlo da hand
02-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Well here are a couple of mine there not that bad but are ok. I also have a vid of me crashing my plane. These are the only recorded crashes and rebuild.

My J3 Cub crashed(and lost for 3 weeks straight) many times in a row but i keep rebuilding it.

dnik_5XZEjchi m8,wow is that white stuff called snow ! we dont see too much of it down my way,my kids wood love it,love to come over there one day kids could play with snow and we could play with planes, i also have a j3 cub and cant tell you how many times ive fixed it,keep up the good work,i found by putting a 480 motor helps it fly better by keeping it up longer,great you tube shot,when i learn how to put them on myself i will do so soon..:cool:

carlo da hand
02-11-2008, 07:22 AM
I've done so much with so little for so long that now I can do nearly anything with nothing.
Peace,
Bud
nice work with the wood,does it now fly well and what motor, esc/amp are you flying with.

Murocflyer
02-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Peace,
Bud

I'll say. Nice repair work!

I'm a firm believer that balsa can be repaired to look so much nicer than foam. What was the cause of the crash?

It would be nice to know that along with before, after crash, and after repair pictures.

Nice thread idea. Much better than just crashes. I like to see planes flying again! :)

Frank

GreenAce92
02-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the replies! I normally dont crash if i fly on a calm day and i have a nice plane. But if either i dont have a nice plane may it be a prototype or just a cruddy one or bad weather thats when i crash. And i rebuild it and fly it again. I want to work with balsa but i kinda dont like the smashing into a million pieces part.

Ribcracker
02-11-2008, 09:21 PM
nice work with the wood,does it now fly well and what motor, esc/amp are you flying with.

What was the cause of the crash?

Carlo, Frank,
My Mini Funtana was powered by an E-flite 480 outrunner with a 20 amp speedy.
Quite frankly, I don't remember the particulars of that crash. I've had so many that they kinda blur together. I do remember the crash that took that Funtana to it's final grave.
It was so quick, I don't really know what happened. It just went squirrely all of a sudden while over my neighbor's house. I normally stay away from his house but there it was. I heard a loud thunk and knew that wasn't good. When I got over there my heart sank when I saw the Mini Funtana sticking out of his house like an arrow.:eek: It was buried up to the wings. How horrifying! I got a ladder, went up there and pulled the remains of the plane out. I looked into the hole and saw furniture. Yep, I actually penetrated the house. The sheathing on his house is some sort of foam board and the drywall in the bedroom was cut away in that area because of some project he was doing. Luckily, my neighbor is a good humored fellow and took it pretty well. I spent two hours patching things up (both inside and out) and promised that I would re-side (vinyl) that area in the spring.
I felt like such a schmuk. Never will I fly over someone's house again! I doubt that I'll ever live this down.

GreenAce92
02-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Wow, man that must have been one heck of a story to tell. Nice job on promising to fix it better and patching it up. What a good man.

Tragedy Trousers
04-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Wow, it makes me cold just watching that vid.