PDA

View Full Version : Pixie just keeps beeping on initialization

cloud-9
02-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Hello. I have a Pixie 20 amp brused ESC. This is the first time I've tried to hook up a system. Using a Hobbyzone Super Cub, JR R700 receiver, Dynam 8.5 gram servos, Super Cub stock brushed 480 motor, Polyquest 800mah 20C lipo battery, and the Pixie ESC.

I hooked everything up, and the ESC starting a steady beep. The documentation says it should issue a single beep.

The only thing I can think of that I know about is the way the connectors are plugged in to the receiver. The Dynams have black, red, yellow wires, and the black wires face the side of the receiver with the labels (throttle, ruddere, et). The Dynam plugs were hard to fit into the receiver, one went in with a hard push, the other I took a Dremel too to slightly narrow the plug and it went in OK. The ESC is plugged in the way it fit easiest. I noted that for the Dynams I could plug them in the reverse way, with the black wire towards the back.

Should I try reversing the servos and/or the ESC and try again?

Thanks
Jim

Murocflyer
02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
It sounds like the Rx is not seeing a signal. Is the Xtal in all the way? Radio on?

Has this setup ever worked correctly?

Thanks,

Frank

PS looking over this PDF it mentions the same comment.

http://www.castlecreations.com/support/documents/Pixie-20P%20User%20Guide.pdf

cloud-9
02-04-2008, 03:40 AM
Thanks Frank. Well I should have checked closer. Should have thought they would include troubleshooting instructions.

I got this JR XF631 TX and R700 RX on Ebay for $35. Guy said it worked and I have not reason to disbelieve him but this is my first go, TX battery seems to take and hold a charge OK, TX seems to be giving readout OK. It says to make sure the receiver connector is plugged in correctly. That must mean the connector to power, which is the ESC lead. I bet that is backwards, I'll try reversing. If that doesn't work, guess I'll have to give JR a call. I also have a berg 7p and hitek electron 6 and am waiting for Xtals for both. Maybe that will help with the diagnosis.

Thanks
Jim

It sounds like the Rx is not seeing a signal. Is the Xtal in all the way? Radio on?

Has this setup ever worked correctly?

Thanks,

Frank

PS looking over this PDF it mentions the same comment.

http://www.castlecreations.com/support/documents/Pixie-20P%20User%20Guide.pdf