PDA

View Full Version : 2 planes in 15 minutes!!!!!!

BuzzardBait
02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Sooooo.. I slapped a brushless motor on my Yardstick, took a heat gun to the wings and straightened 'em out and decided to go for a spin at about 4:45 yesterday... Took my fun force hellcat along to do some flippin..

The yardstick flew beatifully, nice and calm.. a few touch and goes and flying around the trees at the park.. put it in the back of the truck and tosseed the Hellcat into the air...

Forgot to switch the radio to the hellcat.. had ALL SORTS of control issues so i decided to bring it in and reset the radio.. Flared too soon, and instead of giving power to go round again, i just pulled full elevator hoping for a pull out as it glided in.. NOPE... SMACK right on the prop, broke it in half and dislodged the motor mount stick.. ARRRGGGG... (why didn;t i put the prop saver back on...)

SO then.. i toss the yardsticks wings in front of the truck and shut the door..... CRUNCH... I caught one of the mounting sticks in the door.. crunched the CF and dowel insert on the leading edge.. DRAT..

so in the space of 15 minutes.. i took two planes out of comission and i didn;t even wreck one of 'em....

Gaaagh...

firemanbill
02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Man that does stink!:(

We've all had days like that I reckon. Sounds like both of them are repairable.

Grasshopper
02-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Sorry to hear that Buzzard.l I know I've had a day like that.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21247&highlight=friendly+fire

Figured I might as well post it before someone else does.:(

firemanbill
02-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Dang Tom ya beat me to it... I was a huntin it too!:p

Grasshopper
02-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I knew my "Friends" would be there to take care of me.:(

pd1
02-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Bill he's pretty fast. I was looking for it also.
BuzzardBait, sorry to hear about you're mishap.

Paul

firemanbill
02-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Well he ought to... it's his thread!

I'm gonna have to bookmark that one...:rolleyes: