PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix 10 Destroyed!!

ElectricMoose
02-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Any CC rep. I had a battery go bad on me this weekend and short out in flight. When the airplane finally got on the ground I looked at the esc and all the components were completely off the board and the esd wrap was melted away from the board. I have all the components and board in a bag now, and my question is whether or not this would be covered by any type of warranty or not. I have had it for about 10 months. Any response is greatly appreciated.

Moose

Murocflyer
02-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Moose,

Give them a call at (913) 390-6939. I have found their customer service to be top notch. -Best in the business.

Frank

Joe Ford
02-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Moose...it would depend on whether you were running it in warranty or not. What was the full throttle current draw? What motor, battery, battery connectors, prop, any gearing, etc. Let me know. If all is satisfactory we will cover you under warranty (receipt required). All the info you'd need to send it in, and the information we'll need from you are located at the following links. Even if outside warranty it would only be $25 for a brand new unit shipped to your door. :)

http://www.castlecreations.com/support.html
http://www.castlecreations.com/support/documents/CC_Service_Request_Form.pdf

ElectricMoose
02-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Full throttle current draw was right at 9 amps. 8.9A according to our wattmeter when we tested it with a 3s 620mah battery on a MPjet motor. When the fault happened the thrott;e was just under half with a 8x6 prop. For 25 busk I think Ill just have the repair done. How do I need to package everything to send it in?

Joe Ford
02-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Click on the links above and it'll let you know all. :) For packaging we prefer a bubble wrapped yellow envelope.

ElectricMoose
02-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks Joe! I bought it in 06 so it wont be under warranty. I'm gonna send it in for repair this week. Thanks again!

Joe Ford
02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
$25 flat rate fee and if we can't fix it we give you a brand new one. :) We also pay the return shipping.