PDA

View Full Version : ESC....... cant decide

KIMBERWHIP
02-11-2008, 09:24 PM
1.castle thunderbird 54

2. Eflite pro 40

Its going into a e-flite 25 cub running the recommended prop and battery.

Which one would you use and why?

Thanks in advance.

Larry3215
02-12-2008, 05:21 AM
Castle

Customer support.

Larry

Murocflyer
02-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Castle.

None better.

Customer Support.

25% off sale in March.

Tech reps monitor these forums.

Customer support. ;)

That's a no-brainer. Good luck,

Frank

Joe Ford
02-22-2008, 04:26 AM
Well u know my answer. ;)

jonnyjetprop
02-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Both are fine products and will suit your needs.

Both Castle Creations and Horizon Hobbies support their customers and the hobby in general very well.

Castle is made in the USA, unless you live in California. You may think that Kansas is in the USA, but not if you live in California. I was born and raised in California, but I now live in Florida. I may not be able to vote correctly, but at least I know that Kansas is in the United States.

John

Angler-Hi
02-22-2008, 02:13 PM
These guys are all more experienced than me and I have never used a Castle Creations anything. They seem to make pretty darn good products. I have however used E-Flight ESCs and I love the customer service I get with Horrizon Hobby. Most of all my electronics I get from them. I love E-Flight electronics. Good luck friend.

Mike

barmonkey
02-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I have several Castle T-Bird series ESC's...9,18 and 36 Amp vesrsions...no issues to date. I do feel comfortable knowing that people have reported good support from them.

I also have some E-flite ESC's...25 and 40 Amp versions. The only problem I have had was with the 40 Amp, I just quit working. This was after around 80 flights though! Fortunately, it was still under warranty. I contacted the E-flite service and sent it off. Received a replacement in a timely manner. No problems here.