PDA

View Full Version : Big Axi

Stolly
12-17-2005, 02:50 AM
Hi Guys, you all helped me with that programming problem with the big Phoenix 85hv esc. It must be connected to a battery before you can program it. Simple when you think about it. Now for my new problem.9s1p Kokam power supply,Phoenix 85hv esc and an Axi 4130/20. All I can get from the motor when trying to start it is a long beep followed by a series of short beeps(about 7) then another long beep. When the throttle is applied the motor turns over very slowly and shakes the whole aeroplane for about 4 or 5 seconds then stops completly.
HEEEEEELLLLLPP!!!!!!!!!!
Stolly.

Milton
12-17-2005, 03:08 AM
Did you set the ESC for hard timing
Milton

Walt Thyng
12-17-2005, 07:11 PM
I had trouble with the same AXI on a 9S pack. I finally had to swap two of the motor to ESC wires just like I was trying to reverse it. Then I swapped a different combination to actually do the reversing.
Walt

exeter_acres
12-17-2005, 07:31 PM
silly question....tried reversing your throttle channel?

Stolly
12-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Swapping the wires sounds like a plan I will give that a go. As for reversing the throttle, I did that as a matter of course to program the controller, I use Futaba radio gear and they always have to be reversed.
Thanks guys, I will let you know how I went.
Stolly.

Walt Thyng
12-17-2005, 10:54 PM
The "stuttering" is not a function of throttle channel direction. I really don't know what causes it as my Jeti Advance was correctly seet-up for AxI motors.
Walt

d_wheel
12-18-2005, 01:09 AM
I had a very similar problem with a new CC 110 amp HV controller. It worked fine on 5 cells, but the motor would only stutter on 10 cells. Turned out to be a problem with the controller. Sent it to CC and it is now working perfectly.

Later;

D.W.

Stolly
12-20-2005, 08:44 AM
HOW GOOD are castle creations, I have been in contact with them and they said send the controller back to us and we will replace it at no cost. More power to them I say. Apparently there have been a few problems with this model and they are quite happy to replace it.
Stolly.

Rugar
12-20-2005, 05:45 PM
HOW GOOD are castle creations, I have been in contact with them and they said send the controller back to us and we will replace it at no cost. More power to them I say. Apparently there have been a few problems with this model and they are quite happy to replace it.
Stolly.

I think you have just answered your own question :D.