PDA

View Full Version : Current Conversion Projects

AeroDude
02-14-2008, 01:23 AM
started the construction of a Sig 1/6 Piper J-3 Cub back in November, still working on it, it will be powered by electric. It will be a Super Cub version probably in a military scheme

Link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776183

my other project is a 1/6 Tiger Moth from Pilot, I found a started kit on Ebay this past week and was lucky enough to get it, currently in the hands of Fedex, should arrive in two days! can't wait, been looking for one of these for some time. 57" wing span, it will also be powered by electric, still looking for a good scheme for this one.

I currently have the Green Models 40" Tiger Moth, love how it flies! bigger should be better!

AD

AeroDude
02-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Got the Tiger Moth parts on Fri via Fedex, shipped in two boxes, all in good order. I bought it knowing there was damage to the lower left wing/aileron, won't be a problem to rebuild. I won't start the re-construction until I finish the Cub, I will want to make a lot of little mods to the TM to improve how the wings mount, servo installation, and other scale details.

enjoy the pic's

AD

Dick S.
02-16-2008, 06:39 PM
AD, that looks like a really neat project. A lot of work has already been done, still lots left to do, however looks like you have the patience and skills to finish it. Keep us posted on progress and motor and battery you decide to use. Thanks for sharing pictures......Dick S.

AeroDude
02-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks Dick,

I've only done a couple minor repairs so far, I won't really get started on this project until I finish my Cub.

Stay tuned

AD