PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail Notifications

Rugar
12-17-2005, 05:39 PM
E-Mail notifications for new replys to posts don't seem to be working. My settings are turned on.

Twmaster
12-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Same here.

qban_flyer
12-18-2005, 12:50 AM
It gets worse than that.

In my case I have been getting duplicate e-mail notices since yesterday morning. I thought it was a quirk of my two browsers (sorry Internet Exploder and Netscrape) only to find out I am not the only one having issues with the notices. :o

Twmaster
12-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Seems to be working ok now for me.

Rugar
12-18-2005, 01:46 AM
Seems to be working ok now for me.

Not here :(.

qban_flyer
12-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Mine must not be either since I did not get a notification of Gerald's last post here. :confused:

Twmaster
12-18-2005, 01:53 AM
Gerald. Try this:

Change settings on your User CP. Save. Close your browser. Restart browser, login change settings back to the way you want them. Close browser. Rinse, repeat.

See if that fixes it.

qban_flyer
12-18-2005, 01:57 AM
I just got my first notification through Internet Exploder, so everything looks OK here. :)

Rugar
12-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Gerald. Try this:

Change settings on your User CP. Save. Close your browser. Restart browser, login change settings back to the way you want them. Close browser. Rinse, repeat.

See if that fixes it.

Still didn't work :confused:. Was working fine before.

Twmaster
12-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Well Phooo!

I guess you will have to await the arrival of the Admin God to have a looksee. :(

admin
12-19-2005, 04:59 PM
I am subscribing to this. I'll see if I get email

Rugar
12-19-2005, 05:14 PM
I am subscribing to this. I'll see if I get email

OK, I'm posting to see if you get a e-mail :D.

rcers
12-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Me too...

Mike

admin
12-19-2005, 06:26 PM
I got the email! it must be working. check to see if you guys have instant notification enabled for this thread or daily/weekly or perhaps no notifications

Rugar
12-19-2005, 07:30 PM
I got the email! it must be working. check to see if you guys have instant notification enabled for this thread or daily/weekly or perhaps no notifications

I just double checked and I'm set for instant notification. I also just checked my deleted mail folder and my last notification was on 12/15 :confused:. I'm going to change my e-mail Addy that I have listed to a different one and see what happens.

rcers
12-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Yep I just got the email too, but I got it on Rugar's reply, and not Marcs? Strange....

Mike

qban_flyer
12-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Mine has been working properly since yesterday, though once in a long while I get a double notification about a given thread.

I know it is a double notification because the post and poster it refers to is the same user, and the text is exactly the same on both. :)

In the end, I rather be notified twice once in a while, than not be notified at all. :D

admin
12-19-2005, 08:40 PM
If you are on the forum when a post is made I wonder if it isn't sending the notice assuming that you will see it during your current visit? Not sure. I did get a reply the first time after I posted but not to the ones after that. I'll see if I get a notice after the next reply

Rugar
12-19-2005, 08:51 PM
I will post again after I see that you have gone offline. But like I said,
the date of my last notification was 12/15 so Im sure this is not the problem I have.

rcers
12-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Marc I have the site loaded in one tab in Firefox.

This time it notified me of both Qban's post (17)and your post (18). Technically it should have only told me about Qbans and not notified of later posts.

No biggie....

Rugar
12-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Marc I have the site loaded in one tab in Firefox.

This time it notified me of both Qban's post (17)and your post (18). Technically it should have only told me about Qbans and not notified of later posts.

No biggie....

I get the same thing at that other Group thingy place. Sometimes I get one notification that a post was made, then when I go to the thread to read it, there could be 50 new posts. And then sometimes I get a notification for every post made in a thread. :confused:

admin
12-19-2005, 09:05 PM
It is completely dependent on when you revisit the board. so for example if a new post comes in every hour around 45 minutes on the hour and you are on checking the post then and then only on for 5 minutes you will get a notice every time.

if you are on at 3PM and a post is made you will get one notice regardless of how many posts are made until you revisit the board. so the thing to remember is that the notices are dependent on how often they come in to each other and in proximity to your logins.

Rugar
12-27-2005, 04:32 AM
Well I didn't do anything, but my e-mail notifications just started working again. Now I'm getting OVERLOADED with them! LMAO! Careful what you wish for ;).

zappedalaskan
12-27-2005, 10:39 AM
I have had the same problem(s) I found that if you log off and log back in once in a while it stays on top of it a little better. Normally I use the auto-log feature. Maybe this helps, maybe it is me thinking it helps (A Placebo effect) But it is usually right on the money when I open my in-box. I was just up late (can't sleep) and was surfing threads :)
Take care,
Jay

admin
12-27-2005, 03:21 PM
If you were on rr.com they had some blocks on and then took them off. they got a bit messed up for some reason. if you are not on rr.com then go figure!

qban_flyer
12-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Normally I use the auto-log feature. Maybe this helps, maybe it is me thinking it helps (A Placebo effect) But it is usually right on the money when I open my in-box. I was just up late (can't sleep) and was surfing threads :)
Take care,
Jay

Same here. I am on Auto on my PCs where it pertains to Watt Flyer.:)

Rugar
12-27-2005, 05:27 PM
If you were on rr.com they had some blocks on and then took them off. they got a bit messed up for some reason. if you are not on rr.com then go figure!

My ISP is Adelphia.

Rugar
12-27-2005, 05:30 PM
I have had the same problem(s) I found that if you log off and log back in once in a while it stays on top of it a little better. Normally I use the auto-log feature. Maybe this helps, maybe it is me thinking it helps (A Placebo effect) But it is usually right on the money when I open my in-box. I was just up late (can't sleep) and was surfing threads :)
Take care,
Jay

I will try that if it happens again. I'm on auto log everywhere I surf. To lazy to have it any other way :rolleyes:. Thanks for the tip:D.