PDA

View Full Version : Brushless Motor for Big Plane (Price Reduced)

Kosh
02-15-2008, 02:54 AM
M.E.C. Turbo 10/20 Brushless Inrunner and ESC Combo

The motor is 10 years old but does not have 1 hour of use on it. Motor and superbox are full ball bearing, can read about the superbox and the solderless power tubes at Model Electronics Corp. web site, motor no longer sold by M.E.C., but it's all made in the USA. http://www.modelelectronicscorp.com/

One can make there own battery. pks. with the power tubes and included with the power tubes is the cell tester so if a pk is not performing you can weed out a bad cell by load checking them. Also a phantom cell to make a odd no pk. There are two 8 cell tubes and two 10 cell tubes. They use sub C cells. Have all instructions on how to do everything, its quite simple.

This motor was used on a 100" Glider with a 8 cell pack spinning a 13x7.5 folding prop so should work well on a verity of larger planes.

Motor & gear box 8.75 oz 3.0 to 1 gearing
Speed control 3.75 oz
Both @ 12.5 Ounces

I'm selling this for a retired friend and doing it for free so he wants $150 plus shipping for everything in the photos below. I have checked the gear over and everything is like new and in good working order. The esc has separate arming switch and all electrial connectors are sermos r/c snap connectors, throttle wire is futaba J. I see no reason this wont work off a large 3 cell lipo when a low voltage cutoff is used to protect the battery.

If you have more info on this setup please feel free to at it as its kind of a mystery to me. I do have 2 sheets of info that came with it so may be able to answer some question.

Thanks for your time, Kosh

Price reduced to $150 shipped in CONUSA.

Larry3215
02-15-2008, 07:45 AM
Thats a "sensored" motor and controller setup. You can tell by the extra wires going from the motor to the controller. They go to the sensor inside the motor.

I think it may be a re-branded Aveox motor. You could e-mail Pete at MEC and Im sure he would tell you. Very nice quality US made motor and controller although Im fairly sure they are no longer made.

Our typical brushless controllers and motors these days are "sensorless".

The nifty thing about the sensored setups (there is a sensor inside the motor that tells the esc exactly where the rotor is at any time) was the increadably smooooooth startups and very low idle speeds. You could litterally start the motor spinning at "second hand" speeds and it would run as smooth as glass and never any jerking from start up to fullpower..

Very cool for scale birds especially and also very easy on airframes and gear boxes.

I think the motor should work just fine with modern controllers but you would loose the super smoth starts. It would be just like any other motor. Id e-mail Pete to double check that though.

I have no idea what the max power levels are. Does it say on the paper work anywhere?

Oh yeah - the Super Box gear box is also very nice. I have a few of them and the Monster boxs from MEC. I love them. Light, strong and easy to maintain and change ratios.

Larry

Walt Thyng
02-16-2008, 12:37 AM
The motor you have is a MaxCim made by Tom Cimato of MaxCim motors. (maxcim.com)

Tom keeps a record of the serial numbers of every motor and controller he sells. Contact him at the above e-mail and he'll give you all the details of your motor/esc.

I can't tell from the photos whether yours is a Max 15 or a MaxNeo 32, but they are both bullet proof, powerful, long-lasting motors (I have five). The esc is bulky, but excellent (it is not LiPo compatible), but you can use a non-sensored esc if you wish. You can leave the sensor pigtail or cut it off.
Walt

Larry3215
02-16-2008, 01:40 AM
Good eye Walt!

I stand corrected :)

Larry

Kosh
02-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys, This info helps.

It just seems like a nice setup and shouldn't be collecting dust if someone can use it.

Bill Hawthorne
02-16-2008, 10:54 PM
The motor would be a "D" wind Max 15 designed for 6 to 18 cells.

Bill

Kosh
04-08-2008, 02:53 AM
Price reduced to $150 shipped in CONUSA.

Walt Thyng
04-08-2008, 02:06 PM
When you get to $100.00 let me know.
Walt