PDA

View Full Version : Trex 450 vs bobcat bucket

birdDog
02-17-2008, 01:59 AM
Here is a gem. Sorry no pics, got my trex wet and smashed a Lipo.

Flying at the church parking lot this evening. A little too windy and a little too dark. Had to though, I was wanting to run at least one pack today.

They let a gentleman park his Snow plow there and he also has a bobcat on the trailer. In turn, he plows the lot for them.

Well, I got spun around about 200 feet out and about 75 feet up. Dumb thumb, nose in, low light. Ran my 450sa full speed at about a 45 degree downward angle DIRECTLY into the bucket of the bobcat. Not a good place for it since the bucket was very dirty (from what bobcats do) and had about one inch of muddy water from snow melt in it. Man was it a pathetic sight.

I really should have clicked off a phone picture but with gyros, servos, esc's and such in the water, I wanted to unplug the battery first. I think the lipo has a date with some salt water :( I have not even begun to tally the damage, LOTS. Wiped off most water, oiled the swash and pulled the motor. Will deal with it in the morning.

Anybody have any suggestions for a wet brushless outrunner in a can?

At least it was easy to round-up the shrapnel and sure am glad I did not damage the truck.
Still got the SE left!

birdDog
02-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Ouch!

GreenAce92
02-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Ouch! Well looks like you will be recycling some parts.

birdDog
02-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Here she is in her RTC stage. (Ready to Crash)

birdDog
02-22-2008, 12:26 AM
:silly: No real total estimate yet, I had a spare head from one I swapped out to aluminum.