PDA

View Full Version : Forsale 24" Rip-Stop Nylon Parachutes for Sale

Fangar
02-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Hello all,

I have another batch of 24" Rip-Stop Nylon parachutes with non tangling mesh riggings ready. These chutes are all edge surged to create a clean and durable edge. Each chute has a lanyard that can be connected to the paratrooper of your choice using a variety of methods. I find these chutes to be perfect for about a 4" sized (common) action figure.

I am currently making them in a variety of colors. Currently, I have blue, red and Yellow (All with black riggings).

Cost is $20.00 for each chute shipping included within the US ($25.00 for International Orders). Thanks in advance, and please do not hesitate to email with any questions or concerns. Thanks in advance!

Link to Vimeo Video of 24" chute in action:

http://www.vimeo.com/450419

Cheers,

James Mann
aka FANGAR

PerlAddict
02-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Very cool looking video, James. I love the way they deploy and hold a good shape without getting all tangled up (sent a few Army men plummeting to their deaths due to faulty chute wrappings in my day. :D)

Fangar
02-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Very cool looking video, James. I love the way they deploy and hold a good shape without getting all tangled up (sent a few Army men plummeting to their deaths due to faulty chute wrappings in my day. :D)

Dave,

Thanks for the comment. That is exactly why I started making them this way. I wanted to make something for a small camera to be dropped that I could count on opening.

Cheers,

Fangar

claya2
03-12-2008, 05:43 AM
I was curious if they could hold up to a 20 oz. payload?

Fangar
03-13-2008, 12:55 AM
I was curious if they could hold up to a 20 oz. payload?

Hello,

I don't think that these would work well for that weight. You would likely want a larger Chute with a much more robust rigging. These are very sturdy, but made for the lightweights that most of us want for our aircraft.

Also, I tend to get concerned with dropping that much weight from the plane. Out of curiosity, what are you planning?

Cheers.

Fangar

claya2
03-13-2008, 04:42 AM
Well I was planning on parachuting the plane itself.
Me and some friends were wondering if we could use it as a safety system for when we train new pilots at our field.

Fangar
03-13-2008, 05:30 AM
Me and some friends were wondering if we could use it as a safety system for when we train new pilots at our field.

There some posts on this a while back. The issue would be the size of the chute required. Also, the application. But the ones I make would not work for this for sure. Good luck!

Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Fangar

Fangar
03-30-2008, 04:26 PM
I have some more of these available. Thanks to all of you who have ordered!

Fangar

rcflyer55
05-10-2008, 10:58 AM
great item and great video. You should post on RC Groups you would probably sell some. Also list some colors and perhaps take a pic of the colors. Very cool!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/usercp.php?

Fangar
05-10-2008, 04:21 PM
great item and great video. You should post on RC Groups you would probably sell some. Also list some colors and perhaps take a pic of the colors. Very cool!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/usercp.php?

Thanks. I have them posted there too somewhere. I use the same screen name over there.

Cheers,

Fangar

Mr. Baggins
05-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Still on the fence about dropping stuff but I did wanna say thanks for the vid and the clumsy boy. Just what I needed today. :)

Lieutenant Loughead
05-10-2008, 06:14 PM
LOL -- the clumsy boy was awesome! I actually said "DOH!" out loud, when the boy tripped AT THE SAME TIME that the paratrooper landed! What great comic timing!

I have to say something though -- my wife bought a similar paratrooper (paratrooper included) for me several Christmas' ago... I don't remember the brand, but I'm sure it wasn't $20... :o

Fangar
05-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the kind words. My boy is not quite a clumsy anymore, but he still cracks me up. He also has mad RC skills at the age of 5. He rocks Real Flight G3.5 like none other. I will likely get him a slow stick or similar soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS11XSmOUU4

As for the inexpensive paratrooper chutes... I have one of those around too. Not a bad little chute for the money, at all.

I originally designed this chute to be able to hold the weight of my camera. I wanted something that would open for sure and a little bigger than the 18" (said 20") paratrooper one. Someone wanted to buy one, so I offered them for sale. They take me a bit of sweat equity to make. I can also say the the Ripstop nylon I use is a bit higher quality. However, if you are just dropping the darn thing from the plane, the cheapo is the way to go for sure.

Thanks again for watching.

Fangar

Lieutenant Loughead
05-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Sounds cool -- you know, in your video, when you show the parachute being dropped, I actually expected the camera to be attached to the parachute!

Do you have any video of this?

Fangar
05-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Sounds cool -- you know, in your video, when you show the parachute being dropped, I actually expected the camera to be attached to the parachute!

Do you have any video of this?

The video I had of my SD200 getting dropped with the chute (Actually a 24") was lost when a computer crash occurred. I have one with another smaller chute and camera here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B63CrZSp_F0

Fangar

Mr. Baggins
05-11-2008, 01:07 AM
That is a great looking flying field Fangar. Nice stuff.

Fangar
05-11-2008, 04:56 AM
That is a great looking flying field Fangar. Nice stuff.

Thanks. Yeah, that field was a great place to fly. It was about 2 blocks from my old house. The neighborhood was going to pot and I was fortunate to upgrade to a new place. Now I can fly out my back door... :D

http://www.vimeo.com/674077

Cheers,

Fangar

Lieutenant Loughead
05-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Sheesh, James... It doesn't look like you need the income from these 24" Rip-Stop Nylon Parachutes! :eek:

Mr. Baggins
05-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Sheesh, James... It doesn't look like you need the income from these 24" Rip-Stop Nylon Parachutes! :eek:

Ditto what Lt. said. I think I saw that joint on MTV cribs or something. :)

Fangar
05-11-2008, 04:53 PM
LOL... Just because we were able to buy it, does not mean I can afford it...!:<:

:D

Fangar

Lieutenant Loughead
05-12-2008, 12:37 AM
James -- out of curiosity, how many acres is each of those lots? It looks like I could fly inside the airspace of ONE lot, and I want to know what I'm saving my money for. :D

Murocflyer
05-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Looks like I need to start robbing banks also. Apparently crime DOES pay.

Frank

Fangar
05-12-2008, 06:50 AM
James -- out of curiosity, how many acres is each of those lots? It looks like I could fly inside the airspace of ONE lot, and I want to know what I'm saving my money for. :D

Mine is 2.6 acres. The average are around that. Some in the 3.5 range and others in the Just over 2 range.

James

Fangar
05-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Looks like I need to start robbing banks also. Apparently crime DOES pay.

Frank

LOL... Finally someone that read that. :silly:

Cheers,

Fangar

C140
05-13-2008, 01:09 AM

Tried this with an Aerobird. I used two 24" chutes, harnessed to the airframe like a real ballistic recovery system. It works great. You can even manuver the plane when the chutes are deployed. If you fold the wings up or a servo strips, just hit the button and it lands safely. The only problem I had was when an occasional glitch deployed the chutes. :roll:

I've also experimented with drag chutes that deploy on landing to stop the plane faster. These no-tangle chutes look great for both.

Lieutenant Loughead
05-13-2008, 02:50 AM
Tried this with an Aerobird. I used two 24" chutes, harnessed to the airframe like a real ballistic recovery system. It works great. You can even manuver the plane when the chutes are deployed. If you fold the wings up or a servo strips, just hit the button and it lands safely. The only problem I had was when an occasional glitch deployed the chutes. :roll:

I've also experimented with drag chutes that deploy on landing to stop the plane faster. These no-tangle chutes look great for both.I'd like to see some photos of how you accomplished this. :)

C140
05-25-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't have any of the drag chute, but here's some of the recovery system. The chutes are just on top of the canopy, and a rubber band goes over the top, then attached to a bomb release on the bottom. It's rather crude, but it does work.

Lieutenant Loughead
05-25-2008, 07:25 PM
How does the bomb drop release the rubber band? :confused:

Fangar
05-25-2008, 08:18 PM
How does the bomb drop release the rubber band? :confused:

This is how mine works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bipBtwizXQ

Fangar

C140
05-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Exactly.

Fangar
05-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Here is a new video of a multiple drop...

http://www.vimeo.com/1096598

Cheers,

Fangar