PDA

View Full Version : curve in fuselage help?(easy glider, mutliplex)

sigepkev
12-18-2005, 05:59 AM
I am in the process of assembly and just noticed that the fuselage has a slight curve to it. It is probably off by 1-2 degrees. The model has already been glued and I am about to add the tail and rudder. Is their anything I can do to remove the curve? Will it be a major problem?

Thanks,

Kevin

qban_flyer
12-18-2005, 06:20 AM
Kevin,

Which way is the curve?

Is it on this horizontal plane or the vertical? Is it to the right, to the left, up or down? 2 measured where?

sigepkev
12-18-2005, 06:24 AM
It is curved to the left(veiwing from behind) approximatly 1-2 degrees. Vertically, the plane is sound. I am thinking I will just have to adjust the rudder and live with a slower plane. Unless anyone can think of anything.

Rugar
12-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Weight it down with some books in the opposite way of the curve and heat it with a heat gun or blow dryer and let it sit over night. Just start with a little pressure. If its not enough, repeat.

lmopar69
12-18-2005, 06:38 AM
Switch hands for awhile... oh, wrong forums. lol

qban_flyer
12-18-2005, 06:39 AM
I agree with Gerald.

Correctly placed weights exerting opposite force to the existing curve overnight after using a hair dryer to warm the foam up a bit may solve your problem. You may have to repeat the process a few times to achieve the desired results.

If that doesn't correct all or some of the problem, adjust the rudder travel to a bit more than recommended, then correct its tendency to turn to the left by applying a bit more right rudder trim than you would normally use.

Speed wise, it will still fly at the same rate of speed. It is a good flying and very forgiving flying machine.

sigepkev
12-18-2005, 07:10 AM
Switch hands for awhile... oh, wrong forums. lol

Dork!

Just kidding.

sigepkev
12-18-2005, 07:29 AM
by the way,

Thank you everyone for your quick replies!

I love this "internet" thing.

qban_flyer
12-18-2005, 07:50 AM
by the way,

Thank you everyone for your quick replies!

I love this "internet" thing.

HE, HE, HE.

Life would be too boring without it.:D

Rugar
12-18-2005, 07:56 AM
HE, HE, HE.

Life would be too boring without it.:D

But I would get a whole lot more done if I wasn't sitting in front of this monitor all the time :p.

qban_flyer
12-18-2005, 08:28 AM
But I would get a whole lot more done if I wasn't sitting in front of this monitor all the time :p.

Same here. Then again, this is cheaper than crashing airplanes. Besides I enjoy chewing the fat with like minded people. We are all like minded, aren't we? :confused: :confused: :confused:

There are times I sit here on line while messing with Real Flight's highly edited F-86 turbine "model". :D

Rugar
12-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Same here. Then again, this is cheaper than crashing airplanes. Besides I enjoy chewing the fat with like minded people. We are all like minded, aren't we? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I suppose, as long as we dont count the Lipo threads :rolleyes:.

There are times I sit here on line while messing with Real Flight's highly edited F-86 turbine "model". :D

I'm back and forth from my build table and PC. Most always have a browser running WattFlyer in the background. Its going to get expensive now. Its been to windy to fly, so Ive been building and I'm finishing up my last kit that I have a power system for already. 6 kits waiting and no parts :eek: . Christmas is here so no more money. HELP! I cant deal with it! Flying weather had better clear up soon before I go bankrupt. :D

sigepkev
12-18-2005, 09:09 AM
20 min. with my neighbors blowdryer straightened things out. She will be ready first thing tomorrow.

Rugar
12-18-2005, 09:14 AM
20 min. with my neighbors blowdryer straightened things out. She will be ready first thing tomorrow.

Good to hear. Good luck with the maiden.

lmopar69
12-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Glad you got it fixed. I guess switching hands wasnt the answer! lol
Good luck with the maiden.

qban_flyer
12-18-2005, 08:02 PM
HAVE FUN!!!:D :D :D

panzerd18
12-20-2005, 11:14 PM
I was reading in a hobby mag about this plane and said EPP foam which has dints can be straightened out with boiling water.