PDA

View Full Version : Insane Prices...lipos and motors

watt_the?!
12-18-2005, 09:21 PM
man these guys are cheap..cheap shipping too...

the prices of the lipos make me want to cry...

and the motors....good lord.

http://stores.ebay.com/WORLD-HOBBY

i havent seen cheaper..ever...

Tim.

ForestCam
12-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Been planing on getting a couple of their 18A brushless ESCs and a few $7 servos from them for a while.:D

Mike Freas
12-19-2005, 01:18 AM
I'd like some feed back from someone who ordered from them already. The prices are insane, pack of 10 deans connectors for less then 12 bucks!

a. quality of product
b. How long did it take to get
c. good service?

ForestCam
12-19-2005, 02:34 AM
Haven't ordered yet but back before I found my CAP232 cheaper then from Wold Hobby I planned on ordering everything from them (plane, esc, brushless motor and 3 servos) but shipping on each item would have been nearly $100. Emailed and asked about combined shipping and they said to add $10 to the shipping of the plane ($35) to cover everything else.

TopFoam
12-19-2005, 05:40 AM
Well, I ordered the 1530 brushless motor (Bp-12 copy). Took about 10 days. Looked kind of wierd when I opened the box. They sent me the other 1320 motor (purple). Too much hassle to send back and it was only for my SlowStick. Got really hot on the first flight with 3S battery. Second flight I propped down, and must have flown too long. The motor overheated and burned right though a plastic mount. One of the wires was shorted to the aluminum mount. $13.25 down the drain. I just ordered a replacement from Balsproducts.

roccobro
12-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Carefull guys. He has decent feedback on Ebay, but if you read his responses to teh negatives, he is LYING in most. Even though a buyer has paid and done their part, he will leave a negative FB to a neg FB to him.

You should see his flippant degrading remarks to those he has wronged in all his threads at RCG. "I close my laptop and your world dissapears", "Your comments are null and void" and more comments a seller should never say to a customer.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

Justin

qban_flyer
12-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Carefull guys. He has decent feedback on Ebay, but if you read his responses to teh negatives, he is LYING in most. Even though a buyer has paid and done their part, he will leave a negative FB to a neg FB to him.

You should see his flippant degrading remarks to those he has wronged in all his threads at RCG. "I close my laptop and your world dissapears", "Your comments are null and void" and more comments a seller should never say to a customer.

BUYER BEWARE!!!

Justin

I am with you. 50 NEGS in 12 months is excessive, especially when one considers that 36 were posted in the past six months, and nine in the past month! :mad: Making fun of his client's spelling skills is not nice either.

On the other hand, he probably is convinced that all of us are nothing more that a bunch of stupid Americans. They "know" it to be so.

If it looks too good to be true, chances are it ain't good at all, period.:(

If it looks like a duck, quacks and walks like one, the it is a duck.:eek:

That FLAKE won't be getting any of my hard earned money.:p

watt_the?!
12-19-2005, 08:11 PM
good lord!

thanks guys...

Mike Freas
12-19-2005, 08:18 PM
I think there comes a time when someones prices are SO low that you have to ask questions. I think I will stick with AXI for my motor choice and TrueR/C for my packs. I may still hit them up for the Deans though.

Rugar
12-19-2005, 08:24 PM
I think there comes a time when someones prices are SO low that you have to ask questions. I think I will stick with AXI for my motor choice and TrueR/C for my packs. I may still hit them up for the Deans though.

Those are not Deans. They are cheap copies.

Mike Freas
12-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Should have listened to my own advice!

qban_flyer
12-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Those are not Deans. They are cheap copies.

100% CORRECT. They are nothing more but cheap imitations!!! :mad:

roccobro
12-19-2005, 09:03 PM
100% CORRECT. They are nothing more but cheap imitations!!! :mad:

Yep. BalsaPR might be a few bucks more, but warranty service (if needed) is FAR less hassle or costly.

Justin

Mike Freas
12-22-2005, 12:02 AM
I know what many think of RCG but there is a thread started on this. Seems many have had good luck with them and you can get them from the states now. Check it out. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431127&highlight=senior+telemaster

watt_the?!
12-22-2005, 12:10 AM
yep..i managed to get some info from the vendor..apparently the other site went a bit feral on a couple of issues that were had.. he's reluctant to promote the products now..understandably.

but to be fair, i dont see a really bad rep there....alot of transactions, some negative...but most negatives, to me, seemed a bit lame.

Tim.

atlav8r
12-22-2005, 12:51 AM
Agood friend once told me...."Buy cheap...Buy twice"

ForestCam
12-22-2005, 02:03 AM
Agood friend once told me...."Buy cheap...Buy twice"
Well some people can afford a Mercedes and some can only afford a Geo Metro.
:p

ForestCam
12-22-2005, 07:58 PM
Well I just ordered two of his 18A brushless ESCs and four 5 gram servos from him for a grand total of $65.42 ($8 AU for shipping on all :eek: ) so we'll see what happens.

qban_flyer
12-22-2005, 09:03 PM
One gets what one pays for.

Inexpensive items from a little known source invariably winds up costing more than twice as much in the long run. One has to include aggravation, time wasted and trips to the Post Office and back in the equation.

Worse part of is that in the end we are still left with the cheap imitation though we have paid more than if we had bought the original to begin with.

That a bargain is not.:o

ForestCam
01-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Well not a complaint about the seller but I got an email today that my funds were just recieved in their account. Guess since it's an overseas transaction it takes a bit longer. :(

Paid via PayPal 12/22/05
Money recieved by them 1/3/06

Mike Freas
01-03-2006, 08:42 PM
I decided to just go with the AXI from HL and it should be here today. I don't have money to waste and although 60 some dollars sounds great for a large brushless outrunner I don't want to have to buy it twice. I got my motor (4120/18) and mount on sale. 130.49 with shipping! There are times when cheeper is just as good as is the case with my battery choice. I don't need 15C discharge packs from Thunder Power that cost 350 bucks. I'm getting the standard 7C discharge pack from TrueR/C for 137. Sometimes things are overpriced for no reason.

qban_flyer
01-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Well not a complaint about the seller but I got an email today that my funds were just recieved in their account. Guess since it's an overseas transaction it takes a bit longer. :(

Paid via PayPal 12/22/05
Money recieved by them 1/3/06
HMMM!!!
I was under the impression that PayPal payments were failrly instantaneous.:confused:

meatball
01-03-2006, 09:03 PM
check out these guys, they are not on ebay, and I've heard good things about them.

http://www.commonsenserc.com/commonsenserc/index.php?cPath=35

2 1650 mAH 11.1V 8C packs for 37 dollars!
1 7.4V 800 mAH 8C pack for 9 bucks? Pretty damn good

ForestCam
01-03-2006, 10:35 PM
HMMM!!!
I was under the impression that PayPal payments were failrly instantaneous.:confused:
Never bought from someone not in the US so I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with paying them in AU funds. The money came out of my account rather quickly but it doesn't mean it didn't take a while for PayPal to get it into theirs.

Mebby some of our upside down friends can shed some light.:D

Hey I didn't start this post with "Well"! LOL

watt_the?!
01-03-2006, 11:08 PM
actually, and not in defence of anyone per se....paypal for us (dunno about US) can take 5 business days to clear... dont know why..but it has happened to me before as a buyer, and as a seller.

in fact one time it was a godsend as some guy tried to rip me off and retracted his payment before paypal had cleared it...i couldve sent the item at the time he sent me a copy of the paypal confirmation notice- but i decided to wait until the money was in the bank....and it never did get to the bank...

lesson learnt, never ever send anything to a paypal receipt...always wait until it is in your bank.

Tim

Bil2
01-08-2006, 03:42 AM
You ought to check out the multiple threads on this outfit and guy, Anthony Hand, on RCG.

ForestCam
01-08-2006, 04:36 AM
actually, and not in defence of anyone per se....paypal for us (dunno about US) can take 5 business days to clear... dont know why..but it has happened to me before as a buyer, and as a seller.

in fact one time it was a godsend as some guy tried to rip me off and retracted his payment before paypal had cleared it...i couldve sent the item at the time he sent me a copy of the paypal confirmation notice- but i decided to wait until the money was in the bank....and it never did get to the bank...

lesson learnt, never ever send anything to a paypal receipt...always wait until it is in your bank.

Tim
Probably why it took so long. The email did state tht the funds had been recieved into their bank account. Items are in the mail though. :)

qban_flyer
01-08-2006, 06:38 AM
You ought to check out the multiple threads on this outfit and guy, Anthony Hand, on RCG.

I for one, will try and check him out as suggested, though that site is no one of my chosen ones.

ForestCam
01-14-2006, 09:16 PM
If anyone's still interested, everything showed up on Thusday (1/12) and I finally got around to testing everything today.

All the $8 5g Tower-Pro servos worked just fine
Both $15 18A brushless speed controllers work flawlessly.

Definatly a happy customer!:D

Oh and qban_flyer, :p

Jeff Boyd 2
01-28-2006, 05:49 AM
Here's a couple of links for park flyers. I have bought a few times from both, and they have been reliable with good postage rates.

These LiPos perform well (we can't tell the difference between these and PolyQuest in a hard 3D flight test - not conclusive, but fair). They have balancing plugs, and include a female and male deans plug. Originally saw on eBay, but this is a direct link.

http://www.edwardling.com/flighttosky/product_e.asp?type=batt

These servos are great. The little 5g for indoor models and slow fly Parkflyers, and the 8/9G for Parkflyers. I use 5g's in Shockflyers, and the 8 and 9g's in aerobatic parkflyers like the Eflite Mini Edge with 240W power system, and every servo has performed faultlessly. The 8g servo looks very much like a Hitec HS55. I have held one next to each other, and can't tell the difference, and they perform the same in use (there must be a difference somewhere???)

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZasiamodeller

Bil2
01-28-2006, 10:55 PM
This fellow is in Texas. I met him at F.I.T.S. last weekend. Nice guy. I've bought from him in the past and will again in the future. his name is JUN. His site is: xushobby.com and he's got great deals on mini/micro servos. TowerPros, plus B/L motors & lipos. At the show I bought a 2s, 1000mah, 12c for $13. His customer Service is great, too. And he's in the US (short shipping times). Bil

roccobro
01-29-2006, 01:53 AM
I just got some EXCELLENT warranty service from Jun. I will be buying again and again and...

Justin

Col
02-02-2006, 12:58 PM

Tim

Thanks for that good bit of info. I had intended to sell a few items on ebay, now a little wiser before entering the fray.

What is this frapperthingy you have on your posts?

For others; I have bought those copy plugs both locally and on the internet. They seem a little tighter than the "Deans" but fully compatible. The little spring piece seems to have a slight burr. Have been using for several months without problems.

From my few years with Paypal I feel that the billing the buyer is instantaneous but the paying of the seller seems a bit slower.:)

Eagleburger
02-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Check your horoscope before purchasing from world hobby. A lot of people,myself included have been ripped off. I am not saying that is gonna happen. That is just a lot of other people and my experience.

watt_the?!
02-02-2006, 09:33 PM
sorted...misunderstanding

Bill G
02-05-2006, 06:31 AM
Hi Col. Frappr is google's world map for groups. WattFlyer has one and it shows where other WF members live, over the globe.

My sig...why dont you go get frapprd?.....is supposed to be funny, or at least a little bit humorous...

do you think it's offensive?...havent had anyone comment on it before...and i sure dont want to offend!

Please let me know.

Tim

When I first wanted to find out what it meant I did a quick Google search Tim. I guess many are still unaware of the internet search function.:D
I think they assume it is some form of the word .... well, you know.

Bill G
02-05-2006, 08:20 PM

Definitely check them out.
This guy actually responds to customers with issues online, tells them the:eek: off, gets smart with them, insults, belittles, etc..etc...right in front of everybody. No hiding of his true character there. If for no other reason, the threads are worth the price of admission just for the entertainment value. Its like a continual version of the commercials with David Spade acting as an infuriating cust service rep. One of the compaintants actually claimed that he had them banned from Ebay as a vendetta.

On the Mercedes Geo analogy, I know a guy who bought a used 1983 Mercedes diesel pretty cheap around 1986. Still has it in good running order with 400 thousand some miles on it. The cost of 5 or so Geos would probably have been more, and you still would have had Geos the whole time along the way. Not trying to give the unwealthy a hard time, but it often never pays off to buy cheaper. I've found that if I can't afford good quality, I probably don't want it at all, as it will just be a big dissapointing hassle.

cfischer505
02-05-2006, 09:10 PM
man these guys are cheap..cheap shipping too...

the prices of the lipos make me want to cry...

and the motors....good lord.

http://stores.ebay.com/WORLD-HOBBY

i havent seen cheaper..ever...

Tim.

Try this guy same or better products and prices, fast shipping, super communication and polite!! I have 12+ of his 5g servos and 2 of his ESC and I am very happy with them!

www.rchotdeals.com (http://www.rchotdeals.com)