PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fly the HL Kelly acro

DannyFlyer
12-20-2005, 01:15 AM
I was looking at the kelly acro ep sail plene from hobby-lobby and was wondering if anyone has flown it looks loike a good little glider.

Danny Stejskal

qban_flyer
12-20-2005, 05:15 AM
I was looking at the kelly acro ep sail plene from hobby-lobby and was wondering if anyone has flown it looks loike a good little glider.

Danny Stejskal

It is a superb flyer. I have had mine for three years now, love it. Also have a Kelly Mini!

They are no cheap, but they are so well made and fly so well, they are worth every penny of the price of admission.

DannyFlyer
12-20-2005, 05:25 AM
thanks For the info thats a long time you have had the glider

qban_flyer
12-20-2005, 05:39 AM
thanks For the info thats a long time you have had the glider

HE, HE, HE.

I keep my airplanes forever (if they don't crash, that is). I still have my original Berkeley Astro Hog built in 1961 and powered by an equally ancient Anderson Spitfire Series 6100 engine. Then there is my Sr. Falcon, built in 1969 and powered by a 45 Super Tigre. Both are pictured below as is the Kelly. :o

I got both Kellys when they first came out. Great flying machines and very easy to transport. Can be flown from amost every ball field you may run into.

DannyFlyer
12-20-2005, 02:39 PM
What altitude are you flying the kelly acro at?

qban_flyer
12-20-2005, 05:09 PM
What altitude are you flying the kelly acro at?

No more than 500' to 600' as it gets rather dificult to see. I usually fly it within 350' to 300' or so. Do loops, rolls and a few other basic aerobatic tricks with it.

DannyFlyer
12-20-2005, 11:49 PM
wher are you at sea level wise? Cause I am at 6000' in Colorado so was wanting to know the sea level altitude differance.

Thanks Danny

qban_flyer
12-21-2005, 03:13 AM
wher are you at sea level wise? Cause I am at 6000' in Colorado so was wanting to know the sea level altitude differance.

Thanks Danny

Hi Danny,

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

We are at 300' or so above sea level. Rather low, but not low enough to be wiped out by a Tsunami that may strike the east coast. :D

meatball
12-21-2005, 03:19 AM
hehe, Im lucky, right at sea level, I hog every bit of performance out of my engines :cool:

Sky Sharkster
12-21-2005, 12:30 PM
To DannyFlyer, one of our club members (Rocky Mountain Electric Flyers) has a "Kelly" glider with a "Mini AC" Brushless. I think he's running a 7 or 8" folder, 3S Lipo. The model flys great, very fast climb, decent glide, good thermalling ability for a small glider. It also breaks down into a small package for travel, or to leave in the car for "Lunch Breaks"!
Another great small glider is the "Acro Baby" from HL. This one is being flown on a 2208 series AXI and is a little rocket! A "pocket Hotliner" that will roll, split "S", etc. Not a true "Thermal Duration" glider but will stay in lift OK. Great for small fields. We fly in Arvada, Co., 5,200 + feet ASL.
Ron www.rmeflyers.org (http://www.rmeflyers.org)