PDA

View Full Version : Help with Repair of E-Flite Park 300 Outrunner

DJT
02-29-2008, 08:33 AM
I've searched the archives without success. I am hoping someone can help me repair my E-flite Park 300 Outrunner. The white wire has broken off and needs to be reattached. I've managed to separate and remove the end bell (?) but now cannot see how to remove the armature (? piece with the windings) to access where the wires attach underneath. Sorry if my terminology is off. Thanks for the help.

David

proffcharlie
03-04-2008, 07:13 AM
If I'm understanding you, you want to remove the stator (the unit of multiple plates that the winding wires are wrapped around). That will more than likely be a problem. On all out runners I have seen the stator plates are pressed on to the shaft hub and bonded with an adhesive such as epoxy or "loctite". You will need a shop press and a press plate. It's not impossible to do this task, but 99% of the time you will destroy the entire set of windings in the process. I would suggest you try to find enough of the broken winding end and try to solder the broken end baack on. If your not able to do this then it would be wise to either rewind the motor or just buy a new one.

Charlie

DJT
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I guess it's a gonner. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an easy fix before I replaced it.

pburt1975
03-04-2008, 04:30 PM
No easy fix, but if you replace it with another E-flite motor, install a piece of heatshrink on each wire at the motor. The heatshrink will take some of the stress off the connection and make it less likely to break.

shotgunsmitty
03-04-2008, 06:06 PM
DJT, I've been looking at trying my hand at rewinding a motor. If you're gonna toss it, would you mind tossing into an envelope and sending it my way?

I'll send you a coupla bucks for postage if you want.

proffcharlie
03-05-2008, 02:18 AM
Not that I'm trying to cut shotgun out of anything, but if you're mechanically inclined you could research the motor construction threads here and on rc groups and try rewinding yourself. If you are cursed with two "dumb hands" then pass the motor on to shotgun.

Charlie

shotgunsmitty
03-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Certainly! I only mean if he's going to throw it in the trash. If you think you can salvage anything out of it, or even if you just want to put it on the shelf, then hang on to it by all means.