PDA

View Full Version : help!!! cant get my trex600's governor to work.

keefe
03-01-2008, 11:30 PM
greetings,

I've activated the governor mode on my 75a.align esc and im using a gy611 gyro. Ive followed the instructions on the manual for activating the gov. but the tail is still waging like a dog. What should i do? i already put the gain down to 30. any help on this topic would be great.

fly hard or stay home,
keefe

detach8
03-02-2008, 03:44 AM
some of these info might help:
was the tail wagging before you enabled gov?
punch your heli up, does the headspeed sound consistent? better even if you have a logger.
your throttle curve

keefe
03-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Nope, the tail wasnt waging before i enabled the governor mode. does this mean that my head speed is to high? What are the regular settings used for using the governor? like esc settings, pitch, throttle curve and gyro settings. Any help on this would be awesome.:)

thanks!!!

detach8
03-03-2008, 01:11 PM
typical throttle curve on gov in normal mode should look somewhat like
0 75 75 75 75

idle up would look like
80 80 80 80 80

pitch would usually go from -5 to 10 in normal. my personal preference is 0 deg at mid stick. some set up with 5 deg at mid stick.
pitch would usually go from -10 to 10 in idle up, 0 deg at center stick.

gyro settings would vary from craft to craft.

get the help from someone with a tach so you can get your headspeed. running too high a headspeed is very dangerous.

keefe
03-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Thank you detach8!

I'l do that. Il post a video on youtube for you when i get it running well. btw, what would be an ideal head speed on gov. mode? i have a friend with a tac.meter. il do the set up with him.

could high rotorhead speed cause the tail to wag?????

thanks again!:ws:

detach8
03-04-2008, 03:53 PM
keefe, you're welcome :D

having your headspeed could cause the tail to wag badly, yes. but bringing your gain down should help. if it doesn't maybe your gov's acting up (too sensitive?)

does the motor sound like it's constantly trying to adjust it's speed even when in a hover?

try bringing the throttle curves down a little, maybe 0 65 65 65 65 (in normal mode) and try again. don't bother with the idle up curves (leave it at all zeros maybe) until you get the normal curves right since you have to take off and land in normal mode anyway!

i think a 600 (50 nitro) headspeed should be around 1500-1800rpm from what I can remember. i don't fly helis this size so I may be wrong. better let someone else tell you what you should expect. ;-)