PDA

View Full Version : EP-16 v2 or EP-18... anyone got one?

StrangeRanger
12-20-2005, 09:20 PM
I was super impressed with the EP-8 kit I just built, but was looking for something a little bigger and see there is are larger versions. The 16 and 18 but details are sketchy at best. Anyone have one? Can you give me all the details please and thank you,
j

ozace
12-20-2005, 10:32 PM
I have a 16, these days the swift is a better prospect. The quick helis are all heavy for their size and most of the shiny bits add little apart from weight.

zappedalaskan
12-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Hi Strangeranger,
I have a QJ 16v2 as well as a EP8. The 16v2 is a very nice all alloy Helicopter. It is of the same quality as your EP8, it is just bigger. (.30 sized 550 main blades) If you have built and flown the EP8 you know the quality and how nicely they go together. These heli's have high end japanese bearings. The "shiny bits" are considered upgrades on most helicopters such as the century swift. The swift is ok once you get it to work right, but you still have a piece of plastic helicopter that they are still working the quality control issues out on. If you liked the EP8 you will like the 16v2 just the same. If you are looking for a inexpevsive plastic heli then the Swift is just what your looking for IMHO. Here is a link for more information on the 16v2: http://www.helicopterhobbies.com/qj16v2features.htm And here is a link to detailed pictures of the 16v2: http://www.helicopterhobbies.com/qj16v2photos.htm I run a AXI 2826/10 motor and a Jeti 80 amp esc. If you would like any more detailed pictures or have any more questions, about any of the Quick Japan Helicopters please feel free to PM me or you can call Harold Little (The importer/dealer) at 704.624.6473 or Email: quickfighter@carolina.net (quickfighter@carolina.net) Harold is one of the nicest people you will meet and he would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Helicopterhobbies #1 goal is customer service. I hope this helps :)
Happy Holidays,
Jay

StrangeRanger
12-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi Zapped,
Thanks for the info. Yes, I'm quite familiar with Harold and his site. I've actually talked quite a bit with him and have made some suggestions for specs that his site is missing. Hopefully he updates his site.
The all metal aspect is appealing, but expensive to replace when it bends/breaks. I think the parts supply network for the EP helis too is still quite lacking.
But my biggest concern is weight. While all the CNC parts are nice, they add up very quickly. Especially when you consider the power to weight ratios of say the EP-16 vs. a Logo 10 or such. It's a touch decision for sure. Thanks for the feedback.
j

watt_the?!
12-23-2005, 03:01 AM
i used to do this, when decisions were tough...and decide prior to starting the assessment that whatever came out on top, i would go that way.

list all the variables that are important to you, then weight them numbered 1-3...i.e. bad, average, good.

then score each variable for each heli as 1,2,3...bad, average, good.

multiply the weightings by the score, then tally.

the one with the highest score is the one you buy.

BKOESNADI
12-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I was super impressed with the EP-8 kit I just built, but was looking for something a little bigger and see there is are larger versions. The 16 and 18 but details are sketchy at best. Anyone have one? Can you give me all the details please and thank you,
j

I have Quick Japan EP-16v3, frankly speaking this is a good all metal (aluminium) helicopter, very smooth flying.
Some of the parts same as EP-8 i.e.the 120T main gear.
The problem is not many shop sell Quick Japan, so I have to buy the parts from Japan.
In my personal opinion, the Raptor or TRex is much much easier to get the parts and especially the Raptor the parts is cheap.
Many shops selling Raptor and TRex parts.
I do not have both Raptor or TRex Heli at the moment, but I just order the TRex 600 CF.
Happy flying !

BKOESNADI
04-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Dear Sir and owner of Quick Japan EP16,

I have some brand new original parts for Quick Japan EP16 and I want to sell it at an atrtactive discounted price.
If anyone keen to buy, please send us your email address and I would send the list of the parts.

Thank you.

Budy
E : thekoos@lizzy.com.au

Hi Strangeranger,
I have a QJ 16v2 as well as a EP8. The 16v2 is a very nice all alloy Helicopter. It is of the same quality as your EP8, it is just bigger. (.30 sized 550 main blades) If you have built and flown the EP8 you know the quality and how nicely they go together. These heli's have high end japanese bearings. The "shiny bits" are considered upgrades on most helicopters such as the century swift. The swift is ok once you get it to work right, but you still have a piece of plastic helicopter that they are still working the quality control issues out on. If you liked the EP8 you will like the 16v2 just the same. If you are looking for a inexpevsive plastic heli then the Swift is just what your looking for IMHO. Here is a link for more information on the 16v2: http://www.helicopterhobbies.com/qj16v2features.htm And here is a link to detailed pictures of the 16v2: http://www.helicopterhobbies.com/qj16v2photos.htm I run a AXI 2826/10 motor and a Jeti 80 amp esc. If you would like any more detailed pictures or have any more questions, about any of the Quick Japan Helicopters please feel free to PM me or you can call Harold Little (The importer/dealer) at 704.624.6473 or Email: quickfighter@carolina.net (quickfighter@carolina.net) Harold is one of the nicest people you will meet and he would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Helicopterhobbies #1 goal is customer service. I hope this helps :)
Happy Holidays,
Jay