PDA

View Full Version : Saphion!! is anyone using them?

madmickey
12-21-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi
I am just wondering if anyone is using Saphion cells and if so in what application.
I am thinking about building a scale twin engined DH Hornet for Electric and maybe using these cells to power it, any thought?

M

Giz
12-23-2005, 05:16 PM
I am using 3s1p Saphions in an Easy Star because 3s is a very good upgrade for 8 round cells on a standard 400 can motor. More voltage, power and less weight. 2s and 3s lipo in a direct drive, speed 400 application are not enough and too much respectively.

They are certainly better than any NiMH of similar capacity but the weight saving is not that great. 8 x GP1100 = 6 oz. 3 x Saphion = 4.5 oz. So, in most other applications, based on power to weight ratio, lipo would be better. However, if you don't want to take the risks of lipo or you have an 8 round cell application, they are great. Highly recommended.

Sky Sharkster
12-24-2005, 11:40 AM
To MadMickey, one of our club members has been using them for over a month now. Has had very good results so far. See my post, page 4 of this Forum, New Lithium Ion Cells. They seem to be stronger than NiMh, heavier than Lipo's.
Ron, Rocky Mountain Electric Flyers
www.rmeflyers.org (http://www.rmeflyers.org)