PDA

View Full Version : Charging TX pack

Ribcracker
12-22-2005, 01:42 AM
I noticed in the new Hitec products catalog that they now sell AC overnight wall chargers for BOTH nicad (#cg-340) AND nimh (#cg-s35) TX packs. The nicad overnighter charges @ 50mAh and the nimh @ 130mAh.
I just put a new nimh pack in my Flash 5 and was wondering if I can use the original nicad wall charger (that came with the TX) for my new pack. What could possibly happen?

Rugar
12-22-2005, 02:16 AM
I just put a new nimh pack in my Flash 5 and was wondering if I can use the original nicad wall charger (that came with the TX) for my new pack. What could possibly happen?

Yes you can, I do it at least once a week, and sometimes twice on my Optic 6.

qban_flyer
12-22-2005, 05:30 AM
What could possibly happen?

With the wall charger you have it will take longer for your NiMH pack to be fully charged.

Other than that, you won't harm any battery pack by charging it at a lower rate. Matter of fact, it may last longer.:)

Red Scholefield
12-22-2005, 11:26 AM
I noticed in the new Hitec products catalog that they now sell AC overnight wall chargers for BOTH nicad (#cg-340) AND nimh (#cg-s35) TX packs. The nicad overnighter charges @ 50mAh and the nimh @ 130mAh.

If your Ni-Mh pack is much over 1000 mAh and fully discharged it may not get fully charged at 50 mA. At any rate it would take something on the order of 32 to 40 hours to fully charge at this rate. Otherwise you will be OK. The only way to be sure is to charge it in this manner and then cycle it to see if it is getting fully charged.