PDA

View Full Version : Looking for full review of Kavan Albatross, DH2

dai phan
03-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi all,

I have been having lots of fun with my Eflite Jenny and Se5a. I am considering the Kavan Albatros and DH2 to compliment my fleet. Does anyone has a link to a full review? Also where can I buy the DH2? Thanks! Dai Phan

degreen60
03-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi all,

I have been having lots of fun with my Eflite Jenny and Se5a. I am considering the Kavan Albatros and DH2 to compliment my fleet. Does anyone has a link to a full review? Also where can I buy the DH2? Thanks! Dai Phan

I have a Kavan Albatros. The motor that came with it lasted only 4 flights. I now have a brushless in it. I did not even install the wood landing gear but used carbon fiber rods. The spinner broke several times on nose overs so I put water and Gorilla glue in it. The Gorilla glue foamed and made the spinner stronger.

details
03-15-2008, 04:22 AM
Hi all,

dai phan,

I have built and flown the E-flite Jenny and I love it. I also have the original GWS Tiger Moth and I put working rigging wires on both planes. I enjoy them both very much and had a lot of fun detailing them both out.:D

I have the DH-2 by Kavan but have not built it yet. Since it is OOP, I am thinking of using it as a guide and copying it out of foam. It would be quite simple to do, as most of the strength of it comes from all of the rigging!

As for the Kavan Albatros DV, I just looked and you can still get it from Sig Manufacturing at:
http://www.sigmfg.com/cgibin/dpsmart.exe/IndexText/FKAV6528.html?E+Sig :cool:

The DH-2 is no longer available anywhere that I could find.:sad:

Good luck,
Dave