PDA

View Full Version : Selecting a BEC...

darkfa8
03-13-2008, 05:54 PM
I am setting up a Gaui Hurricane 550 and I'm trying to decide on a BEC for it to run 3 Hitec hs6975hb servos, a Hitech HS6965 tail, Hitec HG-5000 gyro...

any insight?

rcers
03-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm a big fan of the Dimension Engineering BEC's...
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/SportBEC.htm

Worth every penny and dead reliable IMHO.

Mike

TexasSP
03-14-2008, 03:51 AM
Although I have not the experience in flying, I do in land vehicles and the castle creations BEC is quite nice.

It puts out up to 10 amps, 4.8-9 volts, and is good up to 6s (25v)

It is also very small and light weight.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/cc_bec.html

Liquidity
03-14-2008, 04:07 AM
I like the Castle, but the Dimension Engineering one is tops in my opinion.

What is cool about the Dim. Eng. BEC is you do not need to separate the red wire of your esc and plug it into the RX. With the Dim Eng BEC you plug the esc directly into the BEC (no separating need), then you plug the bec into the RX. You only use 1 rx slot instead of the 2 needed with the Castle BEC.

Recon Chris
03-14-2008, 04:29 AM
The best BECs for the cheepest price i find at BP hobbies they also have realy good gyros to

rcers
03-14-2008, 02:18 PM
I like the Castle, but the Dimension Engineering one is tops in my opinion.

What is cool about the Dim. Eng. BEC is you do not need to separate the red wire of your esc and plug it into the RX. With the Dim Eng BEC you plug the esc directly into the BEC (no separating need), then you plug the bec into the RX. You only use 1 rx slot instead of the 2 needed with the Castle BEC.

Correct - I agree fully.

I have used both - while the CC BEC is nice - the Dimension is better IMHO. It also handles higher cell counts also.

Old Sloppy
04-22-2008, 12:32 AM
I just wanted to know if the BEC's have any voltage indicating lights?

I have an Align and I like the led lights.
You know how charged your reciever battery is even when in flight.

Harry

rcers
04-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Yes the Dimension has a light on it to indicate power.