PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Ca Kicker Works Great

CHELLIE
03-16-2008, 04:23 AM
Hi Everyone :D Its Amazing What you Can Learn here on Wattflyers, I was Reading some post where one Member uses water as a CA Kicker, I tried that and it did not work very well, another uses Baking soda, it works , but it crystalizes, Ok, So I mixed some water with baking soda, WOW this Stuff works great, and No FUMES, I mixed 1 oz of water to 1 teaspoon of baking soda, shake well, and spray on the CA, It Sets up like right Now :D Hope that helps, Chellie

PS-- I was fixing a Crashed Plane, my receiver took it out, and I ran out of kicker, Wattflyers to the Rescue :)

Airhead
03-16-2008, 04:38 AM
Good job Chellie..
you are always solution oriented.... No, I don't mean the Wine....:D;-)

The Kicker solution...

CHELLIE
03-16-2008, 04:55 AM
Good job Chellie..
you are always solution oriented.... No, I don't mean the Wine....:D;-)

The Kicker solution...

I will drink to that You RASCAL YOU :D :D :D Take care, Chellie

Balil
03-16-2008, 05:14 AM
haha chellie come fix my blade cp pro.... its in about a zillion pieces... man i spent too long away from this site. i started to miss you guys (plus i bought some new toys and needed help/conversation)

CHELLIE
03-16-2008, 05:19 AM
haha chellie come fix my blade cp pro.... its in about a zillion pieces... man i spent too long away from this site. i started to miss you guys (plus i bought some new toys and needed help/conversation)

Where have you been Hidding at ???? Glad to have you back, you can check out, but you can never leave :D Chellie

Balil
03-16-2008, 05:22 AM
hmmm someone either has the eagles on the brain. or you're listening to hotel california..... i kinda got out of flying for awhile when my jr sport 600x died on me *short in it somewhere. still havent found it* last week i was at the lhs just killing time and buying a little truck to play around the yard w/ when i spotted the blade 400 heli.... oh man, rtf brushless 400 size heli w/ the dx6i..... i couldnt pass it up. im attempting to paint a t-rex 450 canopy right now cause it looks great w/ that canopy on it.

CHELLIE
03-16-2008, 05:26 AM
hmmm someone either has the eagles on the brain. or you're listening to hotel california..... i kinda got out of flying for awhile when my jr sport 600x died on me *short in it somewhere. still havent found it* last week i was at the lhs just killing time and buying a little truck to play around the yard w/ when i spotted the blade 400 heli.... oh man, rtf brushless 400 size heli w/ the dx6i..... i couldnt pass it up. im attempting to paint a t-rex 450 canopy right now cause it looks great w/ that canopy on it.

Kewl, Have fun with your heli, I just ordered a DX6i radio, for my Heli, I have a century Swift 30 size Heli, E Power, I have been buying the items for it little by little, as they are expensive :D Take care, Chellie

Balil
03-16-2008, 05:41 AM
i wish i knew how to airbrush.... painting this canopy would be a whole lot easier... what size battery packs are you using in that 30 size heli?

CHELLIE
03-16-2008, 07:34 AM
i wish i knew how to airbrush.... painting this canopy would be a whole lot easier... what size battery packs are you using in that 30 size heli?

Its a 6 cell 4200mah lipo 22.2volts :D should have lots of power ;-)

Balil
03-16-2008, 07:42 AM
chellie i just posted a new thread w/ a pic of my blade 400... have mercy, the canopy looks like hell but it is hand painted.. waiting til next payday to order a airbrushed one.

yank51
03-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi Everyone :D Its Amazing What you Can Learn here on Wattflyers, I was Reading some post where one Member uses water as a CA Kicker, I tried that and it did not work very well, another uses Baking soda, it works , but it crystalizes, Ok, So I mixed some water with baking soda, WOW this Stuff works great, and No FUMES, I mixed 1 oz of water to 1 teaspoon of baking soda, shake well, and spray on the CA, It Sets up like right Now :D Hope that helps, Chellie

PS-- I was fixing a Crashed Plane, my receiver took it out, and I ran out of kicker, Wattflyers to the Rescue :)

Yeah, good post Chellie.... Water IS and activator for CA, that's why sometimes those little tubes get clogged easily from the moisture in the air, as well as the "dust" around your work area. Also, you can "fill-a-gap" with baking soda" then CA it and it'll form a super bond between those uneven edges and cracks. A little hard to sand, but it does fill it in...:)

Bill G
03-28-2008, 01:08 AM

There are other things that work too. Plaster does. How did I find this out:
Well I accidentally knocked over a new toilet tank on a house we were refurbishing, and it only made a small chip right above the flusher. I came up with the bright idea of mixing a little plaster with CA on a piece of cardboard so I could rub it into the chip. Well the plaster dust activated it SO FAST that it started smoking right on my finger, and I got a nice little burn out of it.:eek:

Another interesting one I found out is that epoxy will make pen ink dissapear 100%. I had some marks on a foam scratchbuild that I was hoping would stay there, like the CG point that I determined from glide tests. Gone!:D

Bill