PDA

View Full Version : T-rex 450SE V2 flight 2 - not as good!

HeliG
03-26-2008, 04:15 AM
Well, there you have it. One good day and the next bad. :(

I worked on the basement for a most of the day again today (trying to finish it for more living space). After I was done for the day I thought that I deserved to have a little heli time.

Unfortunately, the pack didn't work out like pack number 1. I was flying in the front yard for a little bit and I thought that the trees were a little close (although that's where I flew yesturday). I went to the back yard and started playing with the power. The heli has some real torque!!!

I was bouncing it up and down between 10 and 20 feet when I caught a gust. It blew it backwards and it landed / crashed on the top of my garage. NOT COOL!

Damage:
Broken landing gear
Bent flybar
Destroyed & missing main blades
Bent tail boom
Bent main shaft?
Bent main gear?
Bent tail drive gear?
Tweaked tail stabilizer
Separated boom braces (are these pressure fitted - can they be reused?)

Hey, the training gear is still good!!! I think that covers it.

I'm thinking of changing my name to "T-rex Destroyer". What do you think?

theecoop
03-26-2008, 04:33 AM
Ouch,Sorry to hear! hope you can get it back together soon.

Angler-Hi
03-26-2008, 04:36 AM
That sucks man. I hope you get her fixed up soon friend. It's wierd, the anti-crash gear was about the only thing that wasn't hurting...shouldn't it be the other way around?;-)

Mike

HeliG
03-26-2008, 04:46 AM
That sucks man. I hope you get her fixed up soon friend. It's wierd, the anti-crash gear was about the only thing that wasn't hurting...shouldn't it be the other way around?;-)

Mike

LOL! I'm laughing through my crying. Fortunately I have the parts to get it going right away. But I'm going to have to buy some more parts for next time. ::o

theecoop
03-26-2008, 04:51 AM
ya, one can never have enough spare parts in this hobby

bassplayinDude
03-26-2008, 12:52 PM
ya, one can never have enough spare parts in this hobby

This is probably the one truth I've found since starting this hobby. Just bought a tacklebox last weekend to hold all my spares. :D

Evan
03-26-2008, 03:30 PM
sorry to see that helig.
Its a fun hobby but its an expensive one too isn't it?
I hope you get it back in the air soon.

P.S. i'm not jealous anymore.lol

Ron S
04-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Yup,been there,done that!:D Things allways look (and fly) better at a higher levels. That is until what we call, (The Silent Wind of Doom) attacks your heli. It can come from anywhere,and allways at the worst time too. Ron

tonhe
06-05-2008, 01:59 PM
OK, so it looks like I need to order new landing gear for mine.. I think all the other parts mentioned (minus the main gear) i have in stock.. :)

now i just need my heli

-T