PDA

View Full Version : Forsale Carbon Fiber Tube

wingspann
03-26-2008, 09:15 PM
I have about 3 pounds of carbon fiber arrow shaft cut-offs in varying lengths from about 3" to 7", some may be longer or shorter. All are 5/16" OD, 3/16" ID. Mostly dark gray color, some camo. If you can figure out a use for them, PM me and let's work a deal.

John

hillbille
03-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Ever think of cutting them to 3/4, 1, 1.5, 2" lengths for electric motor standoffs? Aluminum ones can cost over $1 EACH so making a few sets up and selling them for $2 to $3 a set might be profitable for you.

Just a thought.

Hillbille

wingspann
03-28-2008, 12:47 AM
Being somewhat new to the sport of electric flying, I've never seen a standoff for an electric motor. Would that be a standoff on the prop shaft to extend the prop beyond the cowl? I'm not quite sure how I'd cut this stuff absolutely square as it would need to be for such an application.

Thanks
John

hillbille
03-28-2008, 01:49 AM
Motor standoffs are tubes which are hollow and used between the electric motor mount and the firewall. Much like glow engine motor mounts. they are used to "space" the motor out to a point of cowl clearance or to aid in airflow and balance. Usually a bolt is passed from the motor mount through the spacer to the firewall and into a blind nut on the inside of the firewall.

You can see spacers in use on the motor mount in the picture. Equal length square cuts would be nice - that's what people pay the money for.

Hillbille

wingspann
03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Oh! OK, that makes sense. I may have to look into a cutting tool that will meet the need. I've already used some of the pieces to reinforce the spars on my Buzz-R-d.

John