PDA

View Full Version : Enlighten me

kc10boom
08-09-2005, 01:58 AM
I am new to electrics. I think I what to get a new Flat Out plane. I also do not what to waste money. I what to be able to jump around to different models. My local hobby shop guy tells me to buy an: electron 6, phoenix-35, and hs-56 servos. He says I should be able to fly a huge variety of planes all the way from the Flat outs to a Mini Funtana. What advise can I get?

EpoweredRc
08-09-2005, 02:32 AM
I am new to electrics. I think I what to get a new Flat Out plane. I also do not what to waste money. I what to be able to jump around to different models. My local hobby shop guy tells me to buy an: electron 6, phoenix-35, and hs-56 servos. He says I should be able to fly a huge variety of planes all the way from the Flat outs to a Mini Funtana. What advise can I get?

well it sound slike your LHS Guy is smart.he is right the Electron 6 is a great receiver and will be able to work in just about any plane you want from a foam one to a built up bigger plane.I never used the Hs-56 servos but I do use the Hs-55's they work great in the foam planes.I think the Hs-56's are a little bigger and will work better on the bigger built up planes but the Hs-55's will work to,you just might need longer arms.

the Phoenix speed controllers are great to thats all we use,have about
10 + of them. are you wanting to start with a Foamy and learn and then move on? do you know how to fly at all?if you know how to fly and need a plane go to www.fancyfoam.com (http://www.fancyfoam.com) thats where I got my flat foam plane at he has about 8 driffrent ones and he has a combo kit where it comes with everyting but the TX just tell him what Channel you want it on.its around $360.00 for everything its a great deal.we got 2 complete kits from him and a spare frame. I just got finished flying mine the other day. after a year and a month I finally decided it had been repaired enough I could get rid of it I am glueing my 2nd one now.

the kits come with a Phoenix 25 esc and Hs-55 servos and the electron Rx.

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-09-2005, 02:33 AM
If trying to stay as versitle as possible - then for power, you will want a brushless setup that can put out up to 200watts of power.

A sample of a setup that would work in many planes would be a Himax 2025-4200, E-Flite 20Amp ESC, TP2100mah 12C 3S lipo.

As far as radio gear, just make sure the radio has the standard computer functions, such as model memory, mixing, and dual rates, such as the JR 6102, Hitec 7, and Hitec Optic 6.

kc10boom
08-09-2005, 02:43 AM
Thanks a lot guys for the quick reply. I do fly, I have a F-27 and 2 gas planes. I all ready have a 6exa radio and a triton charger. I am sick of gas and what to move up.

EpoweredRc
08-09-2005, 02:47 AM
Thanks a lot guys for the quick reply. I do fly, I have a F-27 and 2 gas planes. I all ready have a 6exa radio and a triton charger. I am sick of gas and what to move up.

I am a old glow flyer to,we still have glow but never fly them electric is so nice.I like Himax motors.hes right the 2025 is a good motor so is the 2015 but the 2025 is bigger but can be flown on whatever.if you fly on a flat foamie tho dont go to FT. but just cause you have power doesnt mean you have to use it right!

incomming
08-09-2005, 02:25 PM
www.troybuiltmodels.com (http://www.troybuiltmodels.com) he set me up with everything i needed... I think a phenix 35 is a little big i would go with a 25, i have a 10 and have fliped it in and out of about 7 planes 3 diferent types. i use electron 6 as well with hs55's on an axi 2212-34

EpoweredRc
08-09-2005, 02:29 PM
www.troybuiltmodels.com (http://www.troybuiltmodels.com) he set me up with everything i needed... I think a phenix 35 is a little big i would go with a 25, i have a 10 and have fliped it in and out of about 7 planes 3 diferent types. i use electron 6 as well with hs55's on an axi 2212-34

the LHS guy probaly told him a 35 so he could us it with motors that pull more,the weight really doesnt matter that much unless hes plan on flying a under 8 ounce plane,my father has a 45 amp on a Pitts foamy and it flys fine with it.The Axi motors are good also they just kinda expensive.

incomming
08-09-2005, 02:48 PM
the LHS guy probaly told him a 35 so he could us it with motors that pull more,the weight really doesnt matter that much unless hes plan on flying a under 8 ounce plane,my father has a 45 amp on a Pitts foamy and it flys fine with it.The Axi motors are good also they just kinda expensive.

you have a very good point, if you are planning on going up in draw
but if your going to be using the same gear in a hanger of different planes it doesnt matter as long as the all have the same reqs.