PDA

View Full Version : Plantraco Service

alpenaflyer
12-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Does anyone else have experience with Plantraco Service....I don't seem to be able to get anyone there to answer my emails. I first had trouble with the brittle wire on their actuators breaking very easily--sought help from them--NO RESPONSE -- Now I discover that the controls on the flight simulator are reversed. Since there are no servo reversing switches, maybe you have to hold the transmitter upside down and backwards when using it in that mode....Anyway, the haven't answered that one either. I GUESS I CANNOT RECOMMEND THEIR PRODUCTS TO ANYONE!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Matt Kirsch
12-29-2005, 02:24 AM
It appears that plantraco's simulator is actually FMS, which is a free program, not a plantraco product. There's an entire forum site dedicated to supporting it: http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html

My guess is that there's a way to do servo reversing within the program.

zappedalaskan
12-29-2005, 03:12 AM
You can reverse the servos from the program. It is under controls then calibration. you can set the direction and the throws on all channels. Hope this helps,
Jay

n001pa
01-07-2006, 03:24 AM
I got the Plantraco starter set and love it. If you have any questions or concerns contact Bob Selman (http://www.bsdmicrorc.com/). He is a distributor for Plantraco and can help you out.

Plantraco
01-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Does anyone else have experience with Plantraco Service....I don't seem to be able to get anyone there to answer my emails. I first had trouble with the brittle wire on their actuators breaking very easily--sought help from them--NO RESPONSE -- Now I discover that the controls on the flight simulator are reversed. Since there are no servo reversing switches, maybe you have to hold the transmitter upside down and backwards when using it in that mode....Anyway, the haven't answered that one either. I GUESS I CANNOT RECOMMEND THEIR PRODUCTS TO ANYONE!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry you had bad service from us at Plantraco.

We want to give the best customer service we can, but I have noticed that we have had more slow Email responses in the last 2 months.

We did have Christmas holidays for everyone at Plantraco - so if you Emailed us over that period of time, we have an excuse, but I know that there have been several slow responses prior to that... Blame Jason! :)

We need to hire more guys, that's what we need.

OK - to your questions:

1. Brittle wire on actuators - the answer is be gentle and if you damage the wires, prepare for some not so fun soldering. Good equipment can help to make it easier - temperature controlled soldering station with a fine tip and binocular microscope maginification or at least some MagEyes - if you need help - call us up at 306-955-1836.

2. FMS flight sim - in the instructions that we supply with the Butterfly there are step by step instructions that include the setup of your joysticks with the FMS flight sim. You can select reversing of every channel in the setup of the FMS software. Please try again to set it up and follow the instructions - it will work fine - the problem is in your setup of the software. Again - if you need help, you can call us.

Any super pro micro R/Cer's need a job? That's the issue here - we need more guys who know everything to be able to handle all the Email we are getting. I hope we can do better - starting today.

Plantraco
01-07-2006, 10:13 AM
You can reverse the servos from the program. It is under controls then calibration. you can set the direction and the throws on all channels. Hope this helps,
Jay

Correct!

n001pa
01-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Welcome to WattFlyer Plantraco. I hope you enjoy your stay and decide to stick around.

blinder2402
10-20-2006, 06:27 AM
I have spent over 2k with this company in the past two months, buying there butterfly, microscout kits, ect. I have been able to build and fly the microscout kits no problem however there micro flyer kits, they have four of them, I have built 4 of them and simply thrown them away, they simply will not fly. I tried one again tonight, the thing will not even pull itself through the air, I am about fed up with it all and am going to box up all the stuff I have not opened up and send it back. The person who owns the company comes across as very rude and has not been very helpful with my issues. I asked if I could pay to have somebody simply put one of these together to see what I am doing wrong and that was like asking the president to speak at a high school prom. If I ran my business with his type of attitude I would be broke.

Plantraco
10-23-2006, 05:55 PM
I have spent over 2k with this company in the past two months, buying there butterfly, microscout kits, ect. I have been able to build and fly the microscout kits no problem however there micro flyer kits, they have four of them, I have built 4 of them and simply thrown them away, they simply will not fly. I tried one again tonight, the thing will not even pull itself through the air, I am about fed up with it all and am going to box up all the stuff I have not opened up and send it back. The person who owns the company comes across as very rude and has not been very helpful with my issues. I asked if I could pay to have somebody simply put one of these together to see what I am doing wrong and that was like asking the president to speak at a high school prom. If I ran my business with his type of attitude I would be broke.

Hello there - Sorry you are fed up. You need to build the model correctly or it might not fly. Does that sound reasonable? Find out what you are doing wrong and correct it. We have a full set of video assembly instructions here:

http://www.plantraco.com/hobbies/video.html

Did you watch the videos? The model we built in the video is also flown in the video.

We are sponsoring a pylon race with MicroRacers at the JR event in Columbus Ohio on November 4th, 2006.

I think we may have turned you down to build your kit for you - that sounds about right - if we had to task our employees to building models for our customers, we'd never accomplish anything here. I don't think you talked to the owner of the company - we have a few people answering the telephones here though. :) I don't think you would want to pay us to assemble your plane for you if we had to charge you $100.00 for that service would you? It's a kit.

I do not like hearing that you think we are giving bad service. When this is posted on a public forum, some people will discount what you say, but some will believe you too and take it as gospel truth. Anyways - sorry you feel that way. I wonder why you had problems building the MicroRacers kits. I betcha if I saw your builds, I could tell you what you are doing wrong - it's probably something very obvious. If you have a Micro R/C mentor nearby - ask them for help, or send us pictures or give us a call.

I guarantee that we can get you in the air, and as a courtesy, we can send you a new MicroRacers Kit so you can try again. You are doing something wrong - what, I don't know.

If you like your Plantraco gear - tell others - if you have problems CALL US.

Plantraco
10-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Welcome to WattFlyer Plantraco. I hope you enjoy your stay and decide to stick around.

I don't know about that. Forums are a double edged sword. I like information, but don't like having to defend our company constantly. I'd rather focus the discussion on Micro R/C techniques and technology.

Plantraco
10-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Good Luck in your Builds Guys!