PDA

View Full Version : Great Service Repairing my Triton, but what was the problem???

crast test dummie
12-29-2005, 09:46 PM
My Triton charger is messed up. When I hook up a battery and try to start the charge I get an Error-No Battery on the display. I sent it in for repair [under warranty] last week on Thursday.

Today, 1 week later I called to check on it and they said it was done. It will ship out to me tomorrow. Awsome job thanks for the fast repair. The person I spoke with didn't know exactly what was wrong she just said 2 componets were changed.

Do any of you have any Idea what happened. I just want to be sure it wasn't anything I did.

Has anyone here had the same issue?

Thanks,
CTD:)

trogdor
12-30-2005, 04:22 AM
I thought I had read at one point someone shorting the charge leads while the charger was running somehow and getting the same error afterwards.

If you have a habit of pulling the battery off a charger before you stop the charge, you might want to stop that! Could have just been a bad part though.

hoppy
12-30-2005, 04:40 AM
It's like trogdor has said, any short of the output leads will fry a couple of the Triton components. Any possibility you shorted the output leads, even for a second, while they were still powered? I've fused the + output lead with a small fast blow fuse...in my case, I chose a 2A as I don't charge any cells above 1.5A. I can't report how it works and hope I never have to.:)

crast test dummie
12-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the responces. I don't think I shorted it, I always disconnect the charger leads after it peaks, then remove the barttery. I talked to Hobbico yesterday, it is fixed and they will ship it out today. Hooray!!

CTD

pardus
01-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Interesting...
I'd also like to know which components were replaced as I have a friend with a triton who has the same problem but it'll cost nearly as much for postage & repair & return postage (to & from RSA) as it would for for a new one :-( , only other option is to toss it
Graham

pardus
01-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Anyone have an idea of what was replaced?