PDA

View Full Version : Any Spyware here?

jrb
08-09-2005, 03:57 AM
Feels like it???

admin
08-09-2005, 04:01 AM
Nope. Stock Vbulletin board with a couple minor feature modifications. To use spyware you must get a user to download some active x or dll's of which none exist here. Not sure why it "feels" like that to you. Try a different style maybe bottom left of every page and change the color?

jrb
08-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Thank for assuring us that you won’t be doing anything like using spyware/adware!

Suspected a spyware issue when IE crashed when I was closing its from this site. The were no other IE windows open, and I had only been to one other site (got about 5k posts there) that has also promised the same.

RCAerobatics
08-09-2005, 02:40 PM
JRB may I suggest

If you want to navigate save on the Internet please do you a big favor, Download and Install Mozilla Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox) internet browser.

admin
08-09-2005, 03:05 PM
jrb,

Personally I HATE (and I can't emphasize that enough) spyware/adware/spam. I'm on 16 hours a day and that stuff drives me insanse. I would never be part of the problem. I'm actually trying to figure out ways to help people eradicate this junk. I think the companies and people who proliferate it should be put in jail if you ask me. Raise the stakes for those who do it so it isn't worth the risk of spending 10 years in jail.

jrb
08-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Many of us do not have that as a choice since our PCs are supported by our company’s MIS/IT group who bought them.

John Seidelman
08-10-2005, 02:05 AM
I went to Microsoft's site and downloaded their BETA anti spyware PRG. So far I have been real happy with it. IT"S FREE! Go back every so often and get the free upgrade to keep it currant also.