PDA

View Full Version : Post deletions policy

Harry D
12-31-2005, 03:42 AM
Could someone in Admin please clarify WattFlyer's policy regarding deletion of posts?

The reason I ask is that I posted earlier today (in the thread regarding the introduction of banner ads) and my post appeared in the thread in the normal way. An hour or two later, it had vanished without trace, like it had never existed.

Even the "Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before!" thing is back on my log-in page.

I have not received any notification or explanation about any of this.

My post did disagree with Admin's proposal to introduce banner ads (as have others in that thread) but it was not abusive or offensive in any way, at least as far as I could tell. If Admin had some reason for deleting the post, would it not be reasonable to expect some kind of note being put in its place [This post has been deleted because .....] or, at the very least, a PM or email to me explaining what had happened?

Of course, it's the site owners' prerogative to run their site any way they wish. I'm just trying to understand what to expect here.

Thank you.

Harry

Rugar
12-31-2005, 04:29 AM
Harry,
Are you sure that you didn't hit the "Preview Post" button instead of the "Submit Reply"? Just a thought.

Rugar
12-31-2005, 04:33 AM
Forget that last post.
I just checked my e-mail notification that I got for new posts to that thread, and your post did indeed go thru.

Mike Parsons
12-31-2005, 04:39 AM
Harry. Our policy is to delete posts as a last line of defense. Usual procedure is if there is something that is offensive in nature, then the post will be edited and a PM explaining the edit sent to you. Disagreeing is perfectly accpetable here and would not warrant a post being deleted.

We also have a policy of no hard deleting. That way if we make a mistake (after all we are human) we can reinstate the post. I am going to look through the thread to see if I can see a modified post. The only persons that can delete a post in GE is an Admin, CM or moderator of the forum (me and depfire). I am positive that I didnt, nor dep. Let me see what I can see.

-Mike

Rugar
12-31-2005, 04:43 AM
Mike,
I didn't delete my e-mail notification that I got from his post. I can send it to you if you want.

Mike Parsons
12-31-2005, 04:44 AM
Harry, I see no edits/soft deletes within the thread. I will poll the team to see if they know anything and bring this to Marc's attention. You will hear from Marc or I here with what (if anything) we find.

-Mike

Mike Parsons
12-31-2005, 04:45 AM
Gerald,
Please do. My email is msparsons @ bellsouth.net. Of course take out the spaces. Thanks a million.

-Mike

Rugar
12-31-2005, 04:49 AM
Gerald,
Please do. My email is msparsons @ bellsouth.net. Of course take out the spaces. Thanks a million.

-Mike

Sent. Let me know if it went thru ok.

Mike Parsons
12-31-2005, 04:51 AM
Got it. Thanks.

qban_flyer
12-31-2005, 05:37 AM
I received the same notification, which I quickly stashed away in my Watt Flyer folder.

I went there to check the post, and it was nowhere to be found as of ten minutes ago.:confused:

admin
12-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Harry,

I deleted it. I "think" you were somebody else rather than who you said you were. There is a troll from a competing site who comes here to cause trouble. Your one and only post here on WF read an awful lot like his and your avatar was also like what he might do. I may be right that you are indeed him or I may be wrong and if so I apologize for my error. Some people ONLY come here to cause trouble and this person is one of them.

If you want I can take this offline via PM w/ you.