PDA

View Full Version : Tp-210v

d_wheel
12-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Who has the TP-210V in stock?

Also, where can I find a charger that will charge a 10s pack at 8 amps?

Later;

D.W.

Matt Kirsch
01-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey D.W.,

When I'm looking for a hobby item in stock, I start at the source. Generally if the source doesn't have them in stock, then it's pretty much a given that nobody else will. In this case, that's Thunder Power at www.thunderpower-batteries.com IIRC.

As far as the charger, I don't know if such a high-capacity charger exists as of yet. 10S is still not terribly common, let alone high-capacity 10S packs that would require an 8 Amp charge rate. I think the closest you can get right now is the Astro 109, which only does a 9S pack at 8 Amps.

The one caveat of charging a 10S pack at 8 Amps is the power requirement for the charger. 42 Volts at 8 Amps is 336 Watts, which must be drawn from a 12V battery or other power supply. Ignoring the power requirements of the step-up circuitry and other losses, that's 28 Amps. Counting losses, I would expect the draw to be 40-45 Amps. Hope you fly with friends and have a set of jumper cables ;)

everydayflyer
01-02-2006, 02:36 PM
The first 100 TP-1010C chargers and TP-210V Smart Balancers have been shipped and are now on back order.
Being one who does some Beta / Field Testing for Charlie Wang I have received one of each and I have a Thread on RC Groups here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456071

The 1010C has a max. of 210 watt output. It will charge up to 5S at up to 10A and 10S at up to 5A.

Charles

d_wheel
01-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks Matt, Was just hoping that someone would have one in stock. I realize they only shipped a few, but still had my hopes up. I have no problem with the power supply. We have 110v AC at the flying field, and I have a 50 amp 14vdc supply. Just need a charger that can put out the power.

Right now, I am having to either charge at 3.5 amps with my Orbit (which is waaaay to slow), or undo the "Y" connector and charge with a pair of 109's (which is too much trouble). Will just keep my eyes open and maybe someone will come out with one soon (I hope).

Later;

D.W.

d_wheel
01-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Everydayflyer, I have been following your threads on the balancers and charger. Great information, thanks! If someone doesn't come out with a high voltage/high amp charger by the summer, I will probably go with a pair of TP 1010's.

Later;

D.W.

d_wheel
01-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Just ordered one from shulmanaviation.com. They said they have a few more available.

Later;

D.W.