PDA

View Full Version : anyone know DX7 setup on t-rex450XL HDE

theecoop
05-11-2008, 12:49 AM
I need to set up the HDE ,I think it should be simular as the cppm. but not sure. right now things seem backwords. So before I start making adjustments wanted to advise.

HeliG
05-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Hey coop,
Shouldn't that be the same as the other Trex 450s? I thought so anyway and if so then Finless' CCPM vids will be perfect!

theecoop
05-11-2008, 02:43 AM
i wasnt sure if it would be ,since pitch control is different... so not sure if tx needs setup as 90 degree or 120 degree

RUSH
05-11-2008, 04:58 AM
For the HDE, you want to use the 1 servo (normal, no CCPM) mode for the swash plate since collective pitch is mixed mechanically on the heli. You probably know this already, but just in case... the servo that connects to the pitch arm connects to the "pitch" channel, the servo that tilts the swash left/right connects to "aileron" and the servo that tilts the swash fore-aft goes to "elevator."

theecoop
05-11-2008, 01:05 PM
actually i didnt know that ,thanks will try this setup

theecoop
05-12-2008, 11:57 AM
That was it, but I have some other issue going on ... So I tries a TX reset and now all controls are working , I still seem to have something going on with the pitch ,whicjh i havent solved yet swash plate leans forward quite abit as I give throttle ,I disconnected motor leads and tested all stick movements and they seem ok... thinking it is in TX setting ,,,but will have to work on it more

RUSH
05-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Does the whole swash plate move up and down when you move throttle as well as tilting forward? Or does it just lean forward? If the latter, then maybe the servo is connected to the wrong channel on the Rx? When throttle is applied, the whole swash should move on the main shaft. If both the pitch and elevator servos are moving at the same time, then maybe there is some mix turned on?

The only other thing I can think of is your Tx a mode 1 version? Those have the throttle on the right stick.

theecoop
05-13-2008, 01:40 AM
i had the two switched,, must have done it before turning TX to single servo mode...Thanks