PDA

View Full Version : How about a Radio Forum?

Rugar
01-03-2006, 09:40 PM
I have some questions about setting up a model with flaps using a Optic 6. After trying to figure out the best place to post my question, I'm not quite sure what would be the best forum to post in. How much interest would there be in putting up a forum to discuss Radio's and Radio setups?

ForestCam
01-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Huh, never noticed there wasn't one untill now. Guess I just ass-u-me-d.:p
There's a SIM forum so it'd only make sense that we should have a radio forum too.

ragbag
01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=ForestCam;34116] Guess I just ass-u-me-d.:p
QUOTE]

An old boss put that one on me a long time ago. Been my favorite since.

I have a couple of buddies that call me when it is time to set up a new plane. It is just that I can do it faster than them, so it is the easy way for them and I am always glad to give a hand.

So I am sure we could be of some help to others from time to time. Of course knowing that if they can't get it out of the owners manual it might be hard to s'plain to some, we could give it a try though.

George

qban_flyer
01-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Just as Forest before me, I thought there was one in here somewhere already. Guess I ahh-sue-med incorrectly.:o

I'm all for it.:D

ForestCam
01-03-2006, 11:58 PM
See what happens when you get addicted to the New Posts link! :D

Rugar
01-04-2006, 12:13 AM

Yep! The new posts link is all I use.

qban_flyer
01-04-2006, 12:14 AM

YUP!

Worse yet, there is no cure for that addiction.:D

Twmaster
01-04-2006, 04:48 AM
Gerald,

I have to agree that a radios forum would be a good idea.

As for setting up flaperons on an Optic 6 it was a snap.

Put your right aileron servo on channel 1, left on channel 6. use the up/down arrow keys on the left side of the display to page through the menus until you get to flpn (I think thats it) then push both the + and - keys on the right side of the display. The thing will wiggle then the screen will read 'flpn - on'

The flaps control is the little lever on the right side of the radio. Put it to the up position. Then re-center your ailerons.

HTH

Twmaster
01-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Oh wait. You are going with 4 servos on that MUS right? Just put a y cable from the two flap servos to channel 6 on your RX.

Rugar
01-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Oh wait. You are going with 4 servos on that MUS right? Just put a y cable from the two flap servos to channel 6 on your RX.

Thanks Mike. Yep, that's what its for. I just got back from the LHS with a Y connector to do that. Wish the the Optic would let me control all 4 wing servos without a Y so I could also have full span ailerons, but its only a 6 channel TX. Wouldn't it be better to use Crow instead of flap so I can mix in some elevator also? This is my first attempt at doing something like this.

Rugar
01-04-2006, 05:38 AM
I will let you know what I end up using after I get done experimenting with set ups to see what will work the best. This is a good example why a Radio forum would be a benefit to the WattFlyer members.

zappedalaskan
01-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Crow mode is slick. I have a buddy that flies a hanger9 lite stik.120 slimer and he uses crow mode. It has a saito four stroke engine and with the crow mode on (split flaps) he can take off from a picnic table. More impressive is he gets it about 200' and puts it in a dive and right when your thinking oh man thats gonna leave a hole on the field, he flips a switch and it flairs out in about five feet and lands right at his feet. He can make it crawl through the air like a slow stick as well, it just hangs there. I am pretty sure the optic 6 has a crow function. I know the optic 7 does.
Back to the point, I think you have a great idea Gerald and a radio forum would be a frequently used forum with a lot of good info in it. I know a lot of people ask about setting up heli radios for ccpm ect..
Regards,
Jay

watt_the?!
01-04-2006, 10:21 AM
yeah im all for a radio forum too..

Mike Parsons
01-04-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm in http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif :D

Rugar
01-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Here you go guys, the Radio Forum! :D
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68

You can all now give me Rep Points :p. ;)

crast test dummie
01-06-2006, 02:40 AM
Looks like everyone thinks it is a good idea. I have a new radio a JR 8103H it has more features than i know about. The book that it came with is not as good as it could be. :D

CTD

Mike Parsons
01-07-2006, 11:45 PM
I have moved the discussion about crow to the Radio Forum here (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3562) and am closing this thread since a forum has been created.