PDA

View Full Version : LAheli Y-ufo with FlyCamOne2 onboard

Kai_Shiden
05-19-2008, 07:58 PM
First test vid
OQtKP5VAzSchttp://www.nwheli.com/HeliVids/LAheli_Y-ufo/Kai's_Y-UFO_FlyCamOne2_Test1.wmv (56.0MB)

At around 1:40 in you'll see Kosh's EasyStarAP buzz the Y in this second vid:
qulp0c3JWGwhttp://www.nwheli.com/HeliVids/LAheli_Y-ufo/Kai's_Y-UFO_FlyCamOne2_Test2.wmv (57.9MB)

A little bit more, just zipping around (more of testing how the vid came out with more overcast sky):
yWFg1iIXulYhttp://www.nwheli.com/HeliVids/LAheli_Y-ufo/Kai's_Y-UFO_FlyCamOne2_Test3.wmv (57.1MB)

-Kai

Kosh
05-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Thanks for adding them Kai ... :ws:

Sabrehawk
05-22-2008, 04:15 AM
Ahhh yeah, thanks from me too Kai. It's pretty cool I'd say!:silly:

I have to admit I didnt realize at first that you were taking video as it was hovering a few feet away from me sitting there on the back of my Jeep. I figured you were just trying to be intimidating.:D
That's when I noticed the camera, and then I felt like Luke Skywalker sitting there talking to R2 on Dagoba.

"Feels like,............feels like we're being watched":tc:

Kai_Shiden
05-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Anyone else think that the video comes out like you're riding along on a dragonfly?

I left the audio on becase it sounds so much like a bug from onboard, LOL.

I think an underslung gimbaled mount with heavier camera would work much better on the Y than rigid mounted light camera above (hung underneath on a hinged mount the camera's inertia would take out much of the rocking motion of the Y). We'll see if I ever get around to building the mount for my TX1, with the indoor season coming to an end I'll have more time for building outdoor toys (right now I'm concentrating on keeping my indoor stuff flying).

-Kai

Kosh
05-22-2008, 05:56 AM
I have agree on the free swinging gimble mount, The bonus is that it will work on your other flying craft just as well I think. Come up with something and your welcome to test it out with my 5 ounce Lumix camera.

Kai_Shiden
05-22-2008, 06:04 PM
The FlyCamOne2 is a neat toy, but the only places I can see using it are for quick video clips to integrate into better vids (PiP usage), or where low weight is absolutely critical (onboard light foamies or 3D helis). I want to see if I can use the lens rotation to have it view my radio sticks for PiP integration into my eagletree gauge overlay flights (that way you can see the power usage of my planes and helis along with the stick movements that are going along with the manuevers :ws:).

On the Y, the low weight isn't really critical (and it certainly isn't critical on my Snipers and Eco8's), so I might as well lift a much better camera ;-). Tonight is the last indoor session till september, so I'll finally have free time again to work on my outdoor models, I'm not sure if I'm going to replace the Shuriken or not though, so that's an indeterminate amount of hobby time to spend building (admittedly, I'll probably just buy a kit to replace the Shuriken, I'm burned out on scratch building planes for some reason ????).

-Kai