PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix 25 Differences

healthyfatboy
05-20-2008, 02:05 AM
I needed to know how to tell the difference between an older Phoenix 25 that had the 1.5A BEC and the heat problems for lower kV motors and the newer ones based on the 35A ESC with the 3A BEC. I'm building a plane and need the newer version but think I may have bought an older one from someone. If anyone knows anything about the circuit board layout or can take a picture of a new one (both sides) and even better, an old 1.5A BEC one, that would be great. Thanks!

going4speed
05-20-2008, 02:40 AM
Will a castlelink tell you this? I have one. You could mail me your esc and I could check it that way and send it back to you.

I needed to know how to tell the difference between an older Phoenix 25 that had the 1.5A BEC and the heat problems for lower kV motors and the newer ones based on the 35A ESC with the 3A BEC. I'm building a plane and need the newer version but think I may have bought an older one from someone. If anyone knows anything about the circuit board layout or can take a picture of a new one (both sides) and even better, an old 1.5A BEC one, that would be great. Thanks!

healthyfatboy
05-20-2008, 04:27 AM
I doubt the castlelink will tell you it but I guess that's a possibility. I e-mailed Castle today so hopefully I will hear back from them.

going4speed
05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Maybe mail it to them to let them tell you;-)

I doubt the castlelink will tell you it but I guess that's a possibility. I e-mailed Castle today so hopefully I will hear back from them.

Liquidity
05-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Here you all go. Hopefully this will help you out.

THere are 2 1.5A becs on the 3A bec version and only 1 1.5A bec on the older board