PDA

View Full Version : 44" Parachute 19 ounce drop...

Fangar
05-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Hello all,

I was contacted by a young man in Singapore who is working on a project for college. He needed a parachute that would work for a 10-15 ounce payload. I created a 44" rip-stop nylon chute. I had to come up with a new method of attaching the lanyard to support the weight. It seems to work really well. It will be mailed off to him within the next day or so.

I did some tests for him and was able to video record one. The test was done with my Magpie AP plane. I was very suprised at how well the E-Flite Park 480 motor pulled the extra weight right up. Total weight of the shot bag and parachute was 19 ounces. AUW of the plane was around 50 ounces with the load.

xMW_waLYMuE
Thanks for watching!

Cheers,

Fangar

Kosh
05-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Excellent Video ... I just pulled up a 24 ounce payload with mine. 7oz of camera gear and a 17oz waterballoon but thats about max for the wing loading I think.

Fangar
05-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Excellent Video ... I just pulled up a 24 ounce payload with mine. 7oz of camera gear and a 17oz waterballoon but thats about max for the wing loading I think.

Thanks Kosh. Wow 24 ounces is big! It is amazing really that the motor can pull that much. I was dropping 10 oz balloons last summer. That is fun. The chute went out today. I will kep you posted as to how his project pans out. I hope to get some video from him of it in action.

Fangar