PDA

View Full Version : WW1 topics

watt_the?!
01-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi All,

just wondering if ya'll want a dedicated WW1 forum...and where to put it....it seems it is in a bit of limbo between warbird electrics and scale electrics...

my opinion is that WW1 types arent warbirds (they are the ww2 types), but WW1 types are scale electrics.

Since there;s been ALOT of WW1 talk, do we need (or do you want) a WW1 only forum?

qban_flyer
01-04-2006, 09:44 PM
I agree.:)

WW-I planes are in a category by themselves. It is aviation's infancy at its best, I think it deserves to have its own forum as well.:)

reills
01-04-2006, 10:22 PM
I agree that WW I planes belong in a area of their own maybe called "Vintage Aircraft" to catch those non-military early aircraft when getting into the air was a craft.

I mean, heck, I call my Slow Strick the Anorexic Eindecker. :eek:

qban_flyer
01-05-2006, 01:12 AM
I agree that WW I planes belong in a area of their own maybe called "Vintage Aircraft" to catch those non-military early aircraft when getting into the air was a craft.

I mean, heck, I call my Slow Strick the Anorexic Eindecker. :eek:

AHA!:eek:

We have uncovered another Slow Stick Mafiosi amongst us!:D

Welcome to the S/S "Family" partner.:)

Bengtson
01-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi all,
It seems like the WWI thread here is becoming a "catch all" which does imply that a special forum is indicated.
BTW, this is my first post here and I must say that you have a really nice forum going here.

watt_the?!
04-14-2006, 12:44 AM
hey Kurt! where'd you go mate?

Tim

tim hooper
04-14-2006, 07:54 AM
I missed this thread the first time around, so please forgive my tardiness! :o

I'm not sure why the WW1 material is relegated to a sub-forum, whilst the Warbirds forum is a stand-alone thingie.

Seems to me that it would make sense to either have a Scale main heading (with sub-fora for WW1, WW2, Inter-war, Post WW2 etc ad infinitum), or just to have a single catch-all Scale forum.

Not trying to be contentious, but I am a little bit confused.

tim :)

watt_the?!
04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
..........or just to have a single catch-all Scale forum.

Not trying to be contentious, but I am a little bit confused.

tim :)

i think that the problem stemmed form the fact that the ww1 thread started and lived in the warbirds forum for so long.

ive been campaigning for a vintage/ww1 forum for a while and arguing the point that warbirds would cover ww1 and ww2 only- and technically really only ww2, although not by definition.

but of course that leaves out pre ww1 and pre ww2 types.

so yes, the scale forum is probably where they need to go, with sub fora.

ill ask admin about moving it around.

Tim

Ron
04-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Tim....I don't really care where you put WW1 models, as long as it's easy to find ....... we'll just kinda move along with it :-)