PDA

View Full Version : T-rex 450 flybar removal - ideas?

HeliG
05-26-2008, 06:58 AM
Two good crashes in two days. :sad: The worst part is trying to remove the flybar. When I bend it, I bend it good! I can't straighten it out enough to slip it through the flybar control set and seesaw holder. I've tried cutting the flybar to eliminate the bend but that hasn't worked either.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to remove the flybar??? ????

Thanks for your input. I really look forward to some insightful answers.

Warren.

theecoop
05-26-2008, 02:40 PM
the paddles unscrew and the flybar control set has one set screw on each side that needs removed

HeliG
05-26-2008, 05:07 PM
the paddles unscrew and the flybar control set has one set screw on each side that needs removed

???? I had to give you the look! I know how to take it out but when the flybar gets really bent, it is tough to get out. The bearings and shims? in the control set and seesaw holder are a tight fit when the flybar is straight. When it has multiple bends, it doesn't want to go through. This is where I'm having the trouble.

theecoop
05-26-2008, 07:36 PM
well in that case you would have to cut as close as you can then drive it out with a piece of the straight rod. or else you would have to get new bearrings....

reason I replied about unscrewing paddles it was something I didnt know at one point in my learning of disassembling

HeliG
05-26-2008, 09:05 PM
coop,
OK. Thanks. I cut as close as possible as well but it still doesn't like to come out. The last couple times, I've had to cut and then remove one bar of the control cage. And last night after I posted the Q, I used my file to clean up the rough parts on the bar to get it out. It just seems like a lot of work for a little fix!

theecoop
05-26-2008, 09:56 PM
ya but saves on buying new flybar control set and bearings

HeliG
05-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Yup. I have to agree. $2 plus some work is much better than $20+!!!

RyuuChi
05-28-2008, 05:26 AM
i just did my flybar in on my blade 400 and i had to cut it, then grab the other side with a pair of vice grips and pull firmly and evenly while i guided the new bar through the old hole. trust me, not easy to do since i bent the crap out of that poor little bar, but with vice grips and a firm hand it can be done!

edit: try a table mounted vice clamp on one side while you pull the head from the bent bar onto the new one. hope that helps...

neilg.
05-28-2008, 12:47 PM
how are you cutting it? can you use a dremel and grind the diameter of the flybar that is exposed?

HeliG
05-28-2008, 04:27 PM
That's how I did it. My wire cutters wouldn't go through the Trex flybar but the good ole Dremel did a great job.

neilg.
05-29-2008, 12:26 AM
That's how I did it. My wire cutters wouldn't go through the Trex flybar but the good ole Dremel did a great job.

smarts, ain't weez :tc:

RyuuChi
05-29-2008, 03:43 AM
seriously, i just go straight to the dremel now. not even a second thought....

neilg.
05-29-2008, 11:34 PM
in the simulator the dremel is the reset button :ws:

HeliG
05-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I like repairing my G4 Trex better than my real one. Removal and replacement time is much less and the cost is better too!

Figure.N9ne
05-29-2008, 11:53 PM
i just grab it with a set of vice grips and pull as hard as possible and pray i dont lose an eye.

neilg.
05-30-2008, 03:11 AM
Yeah, I like repairing my G4 Trex better than my real one. Removal and replacement time is much less and the cost is better too!

well, if you flew right side up, you wouldn't crash at all

he-he :Q

photors
06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Apparently I am not the only idiot who keeps pouring money into the empty hole(Trex 450SA). But I think I have solved the problem, it's up for sale plus all the rest of the endless spare parts purchases.

Figure.N9ne
06-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Apparently I am not the only idiot who keeps pouring money into the empty hole(Trex 450SA). But I think I have solved the problem, it's up for sale plus all the rest of the endless spare parts purchases.

thats definitely not how to solve the problem!