PDA

View Full Version : Forsale Six 950mah LifePO4 subC cells. New.

bovick
05-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I purchased more than I needed so I have 6 unused cells for sale.
These cells can discharge at 30A continuous and 50A burst.
Cell Diameter/Height: 2mm/43mm
and weight: 38g

One of the things that I use these for is replacement of lipo in new/untested foam designs as well as combat planes as these are light enough for direct lipo replacement yet can take serious abuse without danger of fire/explosion.

$6 each plus whatever shipping is or make an offer for all six.

Thanks

Larry3215
05-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Ho bovik,

Do you have a link to where those cells are sold and a picture you could post?

The specs you mention dont match any cells I have heard about.

Are these the A123 cells or the newer K2 cells or some other brand?

No one makes any cells 2mm in diameter x 43mm tall. The smaller A123 cells are 1100 mahr and the K2 cells are 1250 mahr, so the capacity doesnt add up either.

Thanks,

RCairplane.pilot
05-29-2008, 01:20 AM
hi, yes more info please , a link to manufacture maybe? Thanks RC

bovick
05-29-2008, 04:54 PM
sorry about the typo, but it should have been 22mm diameter not 2mm :)
These were off the shelf from a shop in canada while visiting relatives. I actually don't know who makes these as the packaging had little to say besides ABF-LiFePo4 and the number 22430.. which is either the cell type or maybe just the dimensions or both. I'm assuming these are not official A123.. but they seem to perform the same as would be expected from 1/2 size verions of the big a123 cells... (I have several full size a123 packs as well ..from dewalt disassembly)

The ones of these I am using do take in just a bit over 1000mah when charging from full depletion. They seem to charge happily at 5A (my charger only goes to 5A) and go up to 4V at full charge. I've got a pusher that I know pulls 24A static at full throttle... these cells have no trouble with that, but another setup with over 36A draw does seem to bog down a good bit after a few seconds due to what I assume is the voltage dropping too low from the high draw.

They really are awesome for high crash probability flights like beginner training (the kids), cg/trim testing for new foamie creations, combat wings :) etc. I was previously using full size a123s for this purpose, but they made most of my wings way heavier than I liked.

Hope that helps.
Thanks

bovick
05-29-2008, 04:57 PM
btw.. I do have good ratings on both RCU and RCG.. same name on those. Feel free to check those out.

Larry3215
05-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi bovik,

Interesting find on those batteries. They do not appear to be A123 or the newer K2 cells.

I managaed to find this site for ABF batteries.

http://www.splendidbattery.com/products.asp?offset=0

They list quite a wide range of cell sizes and capacities and C rateings. Far beyond anything A123 or K2 has as far as I know. There is also NO other data listed at all.

If these are indeed some new brand of cells with the same chemistry as A123/K2 cells they could be very interesting.

With Chinese suppliers there is just no telling how true any of those specs are though. Untill that is demonstrated one way or the other I thiink I will pass for the time being though.