PDA

View Full Version : new in the world of the Gliders

jlolabarr
08-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Hi, I am new in the world of the Gliders, I have a year of experience in flight with motor of explosion, but by this to look for new experiences I have bought my first glider. Exactly the model that I have bought is a “Slopemaster 3D made by Protech”. I do not know if the model is simple or no, I have not seen anything in google related to the airplane, except the manual. I have bought it because a friend of mine has a store and me he put it to a very good price since he did not sell it Somebody has heard something of him or it can say something to me?

Greetings,
jlolabarr

AEAJR
08-12-2005, 03:16 AM
Sorry, I don't know the plane. Does it have an electric motor?

Old_Dog
09-01-2005, 04:03 AM
If you're an accomplished power pilot you have the skills to fly but the only power you get from a glider is gravity. Slope flying is a whole new experience. You'll have to learn to point the nose down to gain speed and control, then find where the lift is to get you back to altitude. You'll probably spend a lot of time chasing your model, I still do... I'd recommend something more forgiving to help you with the slope flying learning curve.