PDA

View Full Version : Death of a Raptor...

Fangar
06-14-2008, 02:09 AM
This one was not intentional I swear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvpnqXJ5qMQ

Cheers,

Fangar

Murocflyer
06-14-2008, 03:06 AM
Well at least you got it on video! :) Was that the same plane seen flying around your old neighborhood?

Sorry about the crash.

Frank

Fangar
06-14-2008, 05:16 AM
Well at least you got it on video! :) Was that the same plane seen flying around your old neighborhood?

Sorry about the crash.

Frank

Thanks Frank.

No the one that just crashed was #3. The first was the Red and white in the old neighborhood. Followed by the Yellow and Black in the old neighborhood. The yellow one exploded into a piece or two when one of the HS-55's in the tail failed. This was my third and was just finished about 3 days ago. It was a smooth flyer, but I liked the yellow much better. The next one is already in progress. I have lots of Extra Depron around. Only costs about 10 bucks for a whole new airframe as all of the basswod and electronics gets re-used.

I was so close to missing that darn basketball hoop. Only the left side elevon hit it. Tore one of the hinges out of the surface and the rest was history. The camera got ripped off the plane. At first I couldn't find it. Durable little thing.

I have been thinking about doing a build DVD on the Raptor, so this might be a good time. Although I have none right now... :blah:

firemanbill
06-14-2008, 02:09 PM
that was cool James! sorry you lost the plane but it was a very entertaining video with the comments.:Q

Look forward to seeing the next one and more great vids from ya!:D

Fangar
06-14-2008, 05:05 PM
that was cool James! sorry you lost the plane but it was a very entertaining video with the comments.:Q

Look forward to seeing the next one and more great vids from ya!:D

Thanks Bill. To be honest, I don't mind the loss since I caught it on film. I would have been bummed if my 5 year old was the only witness. :D

Cheers,

Fangar

Murocflyer
06-14-2008, 06:00 PM
I was videoing one of my flying partner's custom built F-16 when it went down. He thought the same thing until we found out the camera didn't start recording! :o and a :mad: then back to :o.

I felt bad for him.

Frank

Kosh
06-15-2008, 05:53 AM
Always hate to see a F-22 bite the dust but as long as its on video we know it went for a good cause. A few weeks ago I completed a new one myself and its by far my favorite plane of the MANY here.

Thanks for the video, Kosh

Fangar
06-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Amazing as always Kosh. I like the elevon design. Probably adds a great deal to the effectiveness of them. Paint is great too!

Thanks for sharing.

Fangar

Kosh
06-17-2008, 06:05 AM
The elevons are so effective now that the plane can loop in its own body length. :<:

It does low and slow better than anything I have flown before yet will still hit 50+ going strait up all off a 860 3 cell. It does some odd inverted tight circle maneuver I just don't know what to call and scares everyone that see it because the plane looks completely out of control. :p>

I just wont be happy until I can make the plane flat spin so it going to get a working rudder soon. I'm no knife edge expert for sure but can do them and think this version will do both fairly easy with a little practice.

Hope to try for a new video of it soon myself, Kosh :ws: