PDA

View Full Version : Thundertiger Christen Eagle Foamie

TorqueKing
08-09-2005, 11:47 AM
I recently purchased the new Thundertiger Christen Eagle Foamie, a very much quality kit.
extremely strong and comes stock with a 370 motor and gearbox.
I was wondering if anyone would have one to let me know about how it flys and such.
Im now waiting on some gear to slap into it, ill report back anyway on how it flys incase anyone is interested :).
..trent

aussieboy
08-09-2005, 12:43 PM
g'day trent , sure will be good to see how the "christian "eagle goes,
i'll be interested to see if its as good as my "shocky" which i will have going this weekend. this 3d flying sure could become a "passion " if you know what i mean. cheers mate .

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-09-2005, 01:22 PM
torque - I havn't seen that kit yet - but am looking forward to your comments on it. Have any photos?

TorqueKing
08-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Yeh i do have 1 picture of the 'Christen' but im not sure on how to atatch it :S sorry

Reformed Nitroaddict
08-09-2005, 03:02 PM
torque - when replying - click the go advanced button instead of quick reply. There will be a place to upload an image.

TorqueKing
08-10-2005, 01:49 PM
lol...sorry bad luck a second time it says something about entering a URL.
if u have MSN or an E-mail address mi address is trentos_71@hotmail.com

or i can send them to you if u have one..

trent..

rahtware
08-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Trent

Don't feel alone... It took me an hour to figure out how to attach photos. And therein lies the clue.

Go to advanced

click on "manage attachments"

There you will find the familiar "brouse-upload from your computer" screen.

Follow the instructs and you are home free.

Good luck

TorqueKing
08-11-2005, 03:04 PM
i worked out how to attatch the photo its on there now...

TorqueKing
08-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Hello again, i flew the 'Christen' at least a week ago and it was everything i imagined.
I had the 'Center Of Gravity' way out, tail heavy, even though the instructions said to have the battery as far forward as possible. as i thought the instructions were out, i was shown wrong ;).
The motor was a little under powerd, for the type of aerobatics i wos hoping for, such as hovering and harrier trix etc.
I would suggest maybe trying a brushless type motor or something powerful.
But from the power i got out of it, it rolling circled quite well.
i think with a bit more power, it would be a great little 3D machine.

..trent

debhicks
08-30-2005, 11:19 AM
We have the kits in stock and they are nice. We have all the parts except spare stock motors. Those will be in soon. They look great. Was going to put the G-202 together but got a damaged Yak so opted to do that one.

One of our customers has gone brushless on his but has not reported back on it's performatance. The front end is beefed up a bit too. The motor mount is nice too with forethought to mounting different motors on with adjustable slots. The eflite park 370 and 400 fit in just fine. E-flights outrunner motor nussles real nice in that motor mount too. Going to explore that as a customer just thinks that motor is adorable.

We use the eflite because that is who we deal through.

For the money the Thundertiger kit is nicely thought out, has substance and comes with a stock motor and cute prop:)

You'll be happy with the ease of putting it together as well. Same customer bought an Ikkarus Shock Flyer at the same time. Loves his shock flier but didn't like the assembly part. Said it took him 2 hours to get the Christen Eagle completely assembled. He used the GWS Pico servos BB and Castle creations 25 speed control and gws receiver on it. Waiting for reports. He also put a 370 park can brushless motor on it.

TorqueKing
08-30-2005, 12:58 PM
There sounds like some great ideas for upgrading my foamy.
I'd also love to hear back on how the brushless motor pulled on the front end of his 'Christen'.
I actually work at our local 'Toyworld' over here, which has a hobby shop up the back, we orderd the 3 planes of the series.
just incase they sold quick, i put mine away.
and suprisingly a week later the 'Giles 202' and the 'Expo 3d', had sold to local members. lol just thort id let you no on the popularity on foamy to this day.
To test the 'Christen' i really didnt use the best gear to fly it, im still wating on some new gear from the U.S. but it was still a nice fly.
I think 'Thundertiger' really did do a great job on these new foamies.

...trent

mountaindr3wz
08-30-2005, 04:48 PM
i went to the rcx and i saw a lillte demo. i think its a really good plane. it flew very smooth

adarsh_007
09-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm from India, i too have picked up the TT Christen Eagle. I've been in RC nitro flying of aiplanes, Helis and trucks from the past 7years but this is my first electric venture. I'm too poor in the electric power system. I have few doubts, can anyone please clarify them, i've listed them below.

1. What lipo battery should i use i.e. 3cell but how much milliamps battery should i go for the stock motor.

2. I also plan to upgrade it to brushless motor later. Which is a good brushless motor and speed controller for this machine

3. The stock prop is a 11*8 prop, i also got some spare GWS 10*4.8 props, can I fly the eagle with the GWS prop?

4. Any tips while building to make the modle better.

Thanks

Adarsh.

debhicks
09-13-2005, 03:04 AM
One of my customers is using all stock stuff and loves it. Now he is not 3D pilot so it was just a thrill to see it fly. But he will probably upgrade as his up and coming pilot son will not be happy with it long:)

Young uns. Show off. :)

REDNECK FLYER
09-26-2005, 08:10 PM
One of my customers is using all stock stuff and loves it. Now he is not 3D pilot so it was just a thrill to see it fly. But he will probably upgrade as his up and coming pilot son will not be happy with it long:)

Young uns. Show off. :) I guess you could say i'm that customer, and I have to say I LOVE IT. sorry I do show off a little bit too much. see ya later deb. you know who i am.:D

debhicks
09-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Oh Looky who snuck in. :)

adarsh_007
09-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Will some one help me with my problems.

. What lipo battery should i use i.e. 3cell but how much milliamps battery should i go for the stock motor.

2. I also plan to upgrade it to brushless motor later. Which is a good brushless motor and speed controller for this machine

3. The stock prop is a 11*8 prop, i also got some spare GWS 10*4.8 props, can I fly the eagle with the GWS prop?

4. Any tips while building to make the modle better.

debhicks
09-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Here is a set up that one of our customers is using. Phoenix 25 Speed control, eflight 370 Brushless Motor 4100KV, 860 3 cell Thunderpower Lipo. The prop size is a slo flyer 11 x 4.7. Using GWS pico servos, gws receiver.

We like the Castle Creations Phoenix because it is programmable. Using a lipo on the brushed motor may require you to heat sink the motor and make sure you don't over volt the motors. I have a customer in France who keeps burning his brushed motor up using his lipo.