PDA

View Full Version : Lanier Fokker DVII - Cowl Replacement

carlosponti
06-18-2008, 10:34 PM
So where would I get a cowl for one of these planes? I crashed mine and Intend to fix but the cowl broke apart and I couldn't get all the pieces. I also couldn't figure out where to get a new one. I could make one possibly but I don't want to go through that much trouble.

WWI Ace
06-20-2008, 02:37 AM
Does Tower Hobbies sell replacement parts? Steve

carlosponti
06-20-2008, 02:33 PM
I couldnt find it, but also the lanier fokker is discontinued so I thought maybe they didnt have it.

degreen60
06-20-2008, 05:54 PM
I believe I read somewhere that Great Planes bought out Lanier. You might check with Great Planes and see if they have any extra cowls. Maybe the Great Planes DVII cowl will fit the Lanier.

carlosponti
06-20-2008, 06:03 PM
I believe I read somewhere that Great Planes bought out Lanier. You might check with Great Planes and see if they have any extra cowls. Maybe the Great Planes DVII cowl will fit the Lanier.

I looked at them and they don't have the same design to the plane. the lanier cowl is a true fully enclosing cowl where the GP is a front piece to cover the front where the fuse encapsulates forming the majority of the cowl. you can see what i mean in the gp version of the S.E.5a