PDA

View Full Version : "Oh God The Hue'man'a'tee!!bub,steve

Bub Steve
06-21-2008, 05:17 AM
The MonkeyChopper had the closest call of all as she shed a aileron servo in mid flight !! I'm think'in "Oh God The Hue'man'a'tee!!" as she rolled over but on the finish of her involuntary roll I got her back with a mess of right aileron and fly her in a left handed slow circle and with both props spin'in the same way ( noncounter-rotate'in) I found I could fly level with the throttle torque by easy'in up a might on the power I still got 50' of air under me and i was bring'in her around left and over-done-it a bit and ended up upside-downize, I manage to climb out (inverted) and repleted my error so I could get back over (it worked ,, don't ask how as clean live'in an mortal fortitude come to mind HaHaaa:D)anyhoo it was the fastest land'in sense the space capsules of the sixties, Three inch tires saved the day as she streamed in at 20+ MPH for touch (bounce) down, she settled in though just as the BCE cut out as I was taxi'in back,, Post inspection reviled the way back when I replaced the aileron servos with 9 gram from 5 gram ones ans had left the label on when I epoxied the left one on ,LESSON LEARNED!!! your bub, steve

offtom
06-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Wow! Musta been an exciting flight!

CHELLIE
06-21-2008, 09:10 PM
That Got your Blood pumping Huh :D Its always nice when we can save the plane from going in, if a problem happens, but that does not always happen ;-) Take care and have fun, Chellie

GreenAce92
06-21-2008, 09:25 PM
holy crap, sounds like you were in flak fire lol, that must have been crazy, climbing out inverted, how cool!!!

glad to know you landed her in safely,
20mph sounds alittle hot... lol

Voyager2lcats
06-21-2008, 09:29 PM
So let me see if I have this correct: you replaced the 5 gram servos for the ailerons with 9 gram ones? Or did you have a 9 gram servo on one side and a 5 gram on the other? Okay, I forgot my aluminum hat and have fallen under Monkey mind control.;) Help me please.

Bub Steve
06-22-2008, 12:02 AM
So let me see if I have this correct: you replaced the 5 gram servos for the ailerons with 9 gram ones? Or did you have a 9 gram servo on one side and a 5 gram on the other? Okay, I forgot my aluminum hat and have fallen under Monkey mind control.;) Help me please.
CatBub:::Changed um both to nine gramers after Ms Chellie told me about need'in a BEC, ( she's got Five servos) Also a post -post inspection I found out I'd ignored another of Ms Chiells pearls of wisdom as I did'nt "hot-glue" my batt, balancing leads an lost one,, all fixed now (see pixs) ain't to prurdy but That ain't happen'in again, thanks my Chellie Bubett!!! bub, steve

Voyager2lcats
06-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Ms. Chellie has great advice. She prompted me to carefully think over my latest LiPo battery decision- followed her advice and purchased the 1650 mAh for my TP 2409-12T and bought the 32 Amp ESC. Yes, you mentioned that as well in a post.;) I am going to have an aerobatic P-40 Warhawk (whenever I finish it).:)

FlyingMonkey
06-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Warning...

using the word "Monkey" in a thread could have it sent to the double secret probation sub forum.

A location, that many mods would like to see erased.

So, if you intend to keep your threads in the public eye, and out of the WF wastebasket, refrain from using the M word.

Voyager2lcats
06-23-2008, 04:57 PM
I guess I am moving toward a "monkey" convergence then.;) I've said it in two threads today!:eek:

Warning...

using the word "Monkey" in a thread could have it sent to the double secret probation sub forum.

A location, that many mods would like to see erased.

So, if you intend to keep your threads in the public eye, and out of the WF wastebasket, refrain from using the M word.

Bub Steve
06-24-2008, 12:19 AM
I guess I am moving toward a "monkey" convergence then.;) I've said it in two threads today!:eek:
MonkeyBub::I guess that nix's the story about the Monkey Slimmer's 20 mph Dead-stick on a one lane two gut road, BACK TO THE CAGE!! Oh-Well, more bub's will see it over there anyway!!!bub, steve

CHELLIE
06-24-2008, 05:00 AM
Ms. Chellie has great advice. She prompted me to carefully think over my latest LiPo battery decision- followed her advice and purchased the 1650 mAh for my TP 2409-12T and bought the 32 Amp ESC. Yes, you mentioned that as well in a post.;) I am going to have an aerobatic P-40 Warhawk (whenever I finish it).:)

Hi :ws: I have some great Mentors, Jeff for one, at Heads Up Rc, he has taught me a Lot, and I am More than happy to pass on what I have learned to help others be successful the first time out, Take care and have fun everyone, Chellie

Power Up 11.1 volt 1650 mah 20C 33 amp Lithium Polymer rechargeable battery.
A great all-purpose 3-cell Lipo! I special ordered this Lipo in a shorter length (3.5") so that it will fit in smaller battery compartments.This Lipo has plenty of capacity for good flight times with medium size parkflyers, plus it provides enough amps for brushless motors up to 480 size. I use this Lipo in my Simple Stik with the 3530-10 motor and a GWS 1170 prop, and the Stik will climb sraight up with speed! I also like it in my GWS warbirds, as it provides unlimited vertical performance on these planes when matched with the 2409-12T and 2409-18T brushless motors.