PDA

View Full Version : question about alfa warbirds

Mac
01-10-2006, 12:13 AM
How hard is it to get parts for the alfa warbirds. Is there a web site you can go to.

Stink Bomb SBD
01-10-2006, 08:28 PM
I'd recommend contacting Hobby-Lobby. IIRC from what Ive read here though, people say replacement parts are not available. Someone please correct me if this information is incorrect.

SBD

Sky Sharkster
01-12-2006, 01:35 AM
To Mac, I think Stink Bomb is right. There's a few of the Alpha Warbirds flying in our club and one clubmate told me that Hobby Lobby told him they didn't carry spare parts (for ARFs) and didn't plan to start. Kind of amazing, GWS makes $ 30-$ 50 Warbirds and has a great aftermarket support system, here's $ 100 to $ 150 ARF's and you can't get an extra wing or fuse! I can't blame HL though, if the manufacturer won't sell'em...
Ron

Mac
01-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the information guys. Its a shame that you can't get parts,for them because they are good looking planes.

Skogga
01-14-2006, 03:38 AM
Alfa parts can be had from Hobby Lobby, usually from kits that arrive damaged or returned for claims. You have to call and hope they have a plane to "part out". GWS has planned for the eventuality of replacements, and has enough production to support spares.

Mac
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
do you know when gws is going to sale the spare parts

Sky Sharkster
01-15-2006, 02:58 PM
To Mac, try http://gwsexpert.com "Parts and Accessories"
that is for airframe parts, they also have spare motors, gearboxes, props as well as the entire GWS line of Radios, ESCs, servos, receivers etc. It's also possible to get a "Slope" kit for most of their planes, this is an unpainted version without landing gear, motor or prop for under $ 30.00
Ron

Mac
01-16-2006, 01:37 AM
thanks for the info sky sharster

spinnetti
02-12-2006, 02:32 PM
To Mac, try http://gwsexpert.com "Parts and Accessories"
that is for airframe parts, they also have spare motors, gearboxes, props as well as the entire GWS line of Radios, ESCs, servos, receivers etc. It's also possible to get a "Slope" kit for most of their planes, this is an unpainted version without landing gear, motor or prop for under $ 30.00
Ron

Also, if you crack up a wing or fuse, you are better off just getting the "slope soarer" version. You'll get the whole plane without motor for nearly the same price.