PDA

View Full Version : Aerodromerc Nieuport 28

delsol
06-25-2008, 02:58 AM
Hi,
I just thought I would post a few pic's of my Nieuport 28. I still have a ways to go but this has been such a great plane to build. Being new to building WWI planes I have had the opportunity to see the craftmanship that has been exhibited by some talented WWI builders.
I will post the finishing pic's of my Nieuport in the near future.
DelSol

7car7
06-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Looks real nice. What size is it?

WWI Ace
06-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I really like the Aerodrome stuff alot!! You're doing a great job on it!! Steve

delsol
06-26-2008, 02:43 AM
7Car7
It is a 1/9th scale plane with a 36"wingspan. It is only a 3 channel plane but since this was my first WWI plane along with being my first short kit I didn't want it to be too complicated.
Steve,
Thanks for the kind words & you're right, Aerodromerc does build a nice kit.

WWI Ace
06-26-2008, 11:12 PM
I have Aerodromes 24" Fokker tripe, 35" Fokker tripe, 36" Fokker DVII kits to build. The 24" tripe is already built and is the green plane in my avatar. It is an excellent flying little plane that thinks it is a big plane!! Steve

delsol
06-27-2008, 04:46 AM
Steve,
I have seen your 24" Fokker on the Aerodrome web site and I can't say enough nice things about your plane. It does seem that the Tri-wing planes fly really good. I'm even think of a tri-wing plane in the future.

WWI Ace
06-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks Delsol!! Try a tri wing. They look great in the air!! Steve

delsol
07-06-2008, 02:58 AM
I'm close to being done so I thought I would post a few pic's. I'm starting to like these WWI planes!

WWI Ace
07-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Excellent job!! I hope it flies as good as it looks!!! Steve

BgSkyFlyr
07-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Looks great Delsol, did you use polyspan to finish it? How did you finish the front cowl area where its brown? It almost looks like a varnish. I just bought the same kit last friday, and am looking forward to building mine. I have heard alot of good things about the Aerodrome kits. What motor set up did you use?
Thanks, Darren

delsol
07-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Steve,
I sure hope she flies good.(she should)

BgSkyFlyr,
I went with Sig AeroKote-lite covering because I feel comfortable with iron on covering. I did stain & varnish the fuselage and used Solarfilm Silver for the cowling & battery hatch cover.
I went with a Scorpion 2212-26 motor. I think they are great motors and a lot cheaper than a Hacker & E-Flight
I have her set up at a 105 watts with a 10x5 APC E prop for her maiden.
I also went with a Thunderbird 18 ESC & a Berg 4l receiver.
Good luck with your build & I hope you will post pic's of the build. If you have any questions I would be more than happy to help out.
Brad

BgSkyFlyr
07-09-2008, 01:11 AM
Hey Brad, Yeah it looks really nice, I hope mine comes out as good as yours.I too am going to go with iron on covering, I was looking at coverite, but now that you mentioned the sig I would like to take a look at there coverings. I was going to use the Outrunner 28-30-950 on mine and 1250 lipo I have an Electrifly Sliver Series 25amp ESC I am familiar with the Electrifly products and the Outrunners. You have a great set up though. That should be plenty of power. I always like to be a little stronger on the Watt output myself, it has kept me out of trouble before, as long as you dont abuse it! ;-) I guess being how you said you are using 3 channels you did not go with the Aileron option? Ailerons really do help on bi wings I guess you can always add them on later if you want to. When is the Big Day going to happen? I am always Extremely nervous on maiden flights and have been flying Gas 46 size planes. I am fairly experienced. You never know what a plane is going to do once she leaves the ground and by then its too late, Your committed I hate that no stop and rewind button, that would be nice. Just triple check everything controls connections ect and then check them again, and one more radio stick check before you set her free. Can't wait to here your maiden results. Take care, Oh and try to do it on a absolutely windless day if possible....... Darren

delsol
07-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Darren,
I'm not sure when the big day is going to take place. Where I live it has been windy for along time and now the summer heat is here so it might be a while. Are you going build the ailerons into the wings? I thought about it but just stuck with the plan's, anyway I only have one 3 channel plane in my hanger ( MM Cessna 180) so I thought one more would hurt.
Looking forward to hearing about your build.
Brad