PDA

View Full Version : wait a .......... where did it go?!?!

jonloe
06-26-2008, 01:02 AM
the empty lot across from my house was really over grown, ( maybe 3foot high grass ) so i decided to go fly my walkera dragonfly 4 over it because i was a little rusty

so i get my helicopter out and walk over and start flying. i was doing pretty well when all of a sudden ferocious barking breaks out right by my leg!
I looked down to see what animal was about to eat me , only to see my basset hound maggie trying to attack my helicopter ( i had left the gate open on accident)
i looked back up and didnt notice anything wrong, well, until i noticed my helicopter was gone!!!

i looked at my hands and realized i was still at half throttle and shut it off as fast as i could, although i couldnt hear anything when it was on. It took me about 20 minutes of searching to find it
i picked it up and surprisingly no damage!the battery had some how come off, but that was it!

or so i thought, upon further inspection i realized i some how had broken a servo

so it looks like it might be a while before i get it off the ground again because i am low on money as it is, plus the exchange rate is killing our family ( the forint has gone from 200 a dollar to 150 a dollar, thats practically like getting a 25 percent cut in our pay since were getting paid in US dollars ) but i might be able to get one in a few months, but until then it will probably just sit on the shelf and look pretty....... :(

firemanbill
06-26-2008, 02:06 AM
Sorry to hear that Jon.:( Keep your chin up, It happens to the best of us.

jonloe
06-26-2008, 02:37 AM
" it happens to the best of us "

..... unfortunately :p