PDA

View Full Version : Park Shark Great Beginner Plane

Depdog
01-10-2006, 07:45 PM
This is my first post here, I have been fairly active in the RC Groups forums over the last few years. I have a small home based foam airplane business I started. www.foamtasticmodels.com (http://www.foamtasticmodels.com) I currently have 3 kits, the Yak-23, LiL-Lightnin P-38 and the Park Shark.

The Park Shark would make a great trainer plane, slow flyer, easy to build and fly, pusher design so it is very kind to props. Uses very economical GWS Pico size gear (or equivalent). The plane is a very stable and forgiving flyer and handles up to around 8 mph winds very well.

Thanks
Glenn R. Viveiros
a.k.a Depdog

Mike Parsons
01-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Howdy Glenn good to see you here :).

I can attest to the Park Shark being a great flyer. They are a lot of fun and extremely easy to fly.

-Mike

Depdog
01-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks Mike I appreciate it.

Looks like this is going to be a great place and asset to all the Eflyers out there. I have been doing a lot of browsing and there is some great info here as well as a very nice style of moderation.

Glad to see a great bit of the politics and crud that are elsewhere are not intruding here.

Glenn

Mike Parsons
01-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks Glenn, We are doing our best. :)

-Mike

Depdog
01-10-2006, 11:48 PM
It's a very very good start and much in line with the way I think things should be done. Congrats to you and everyone else involved.

Don Sims
01-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Welcome to the site Glen!! Your planes are all great looking, had the pleasure of looking at them at SEFF. We're glad to have you here also!
Don

tone
01-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Yep the Park Shark is an innovative and simple design that flys really well in even pretty small areas. Glenn is a good guy too!

I just got a feigao for my 40mm fan and might need to get a new YAK-23 to see if i can mount the 40mm fan in there somehow.

Depdog
01-30-2006, 01:06 AM
Thanks Don and Tone!

Believe it or not, I am working on some revisions to the Yak and if the changes made to the EDF50 version work as well as I hope, I will try and EDF 40 version and I know I will do an EDF 55 version.

Glenn

luisfc1972
03-20-2006, 06:25 PM
hey depdog how much for the kit including your recommended servos, esc, and motor?

i already have tx and rx

Depdog
03-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Unfortunately, I don't sell any of the electronics, or the Dubro stuff. I don't have have the overhead to be able to afford keeping that stuff. I sell kits only. PM or email me your address and I can give you a total price on a kit if your interested.

Thanks
Glenn

Don Sims
03-21-2006, 02:30 AM
Glenn, How's the Yak new version coming along?

Depdog
03-21-2006, 04:41 AM
The Prototype is built sitting here ready to go, if the weather would co-operate along with the open time I have to fly I think it will do well :D .

Things are so hectic with the family right now there is not much fly time, or for that matter plane time. The never ending Bills and now some home maintenance are cropping up.

Glenn

Don Sims
03-21-2006, 11:39 AM
I hear ya! Weekend weather has really stunk for several weeks now, looks like it might break this coming weekend. Hope the family things settle a bit, you can always use some Dad's day out time!