PDA

View Full Version : Quote in email?

Gullwing
01-11-2006, 05:15 AM
Hey what happened to posting the last quote in the email notifications? I really liked that system, I could do a quick look and see if it were something I wanted to log on and discuss. Please bring it back...........GW

zappedalaskan
01-11-2006, 06:34 AM
I was wondering about that myself. I pop open my inbox and glance at activity all throughout the day.
Regards,
Jay

Rugar
01-11-2006, 07:09 AM
htthttp://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=36239&postcount=44p:// (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=36239&postcount=44p://)

I also liked it the other way better.

Mike Parsons
01-11-2006, 02:12 PM
I will speak with Marc to see if we can make it a user option.

admin
01-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I will see about a user option but let's try it this way. the big problem I just found out is that people read the message and it may be just 1 of 5 or 10 replies but other replies are never sent with the email. Essentially the message in the email (if there are more replies) is useless because you miss out on the other posts completely (which was the reason you subscribed).

I added an extra link for aol users so let's see how this works. All the forums I have done have worked this way and everyone finds it works better.

Unfortunately sending the email with contents of just one reply is misleading and significantly increases the chance of you missing follow up replies.

Gullwing
01-11-2006, 11:58 PM
I disagree, alot of people can only get email on their cell phone or PDA. The quote being in the email was a great feature. You might not get all the responses, but at least you get one., and that might be the one you where waiting on.Not trying to start anything, but this is getting to be more of a headache than anything. I find myself defending my views and voting on things (and if you don't you get what everyone else wants)more than reading posts on RC aircraft. If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!! Can't we just leave things alone and enjoy the site like I have up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I am not trying start a fight or argument just once again voicing my opinion................C. Patton...........

admin
01-12-2006, 02:29 AM
gullwing,

After the next upgrade I'm going to make it a user selectable option so you can choose. Not sure which way to go with the default? Again the biggest problem is that you will get the one reply but many won't realize 20 more might follow and they miss the thread while it is hot.

Gullwing
01-12-2006, 02:55 AM
Not always I may get 3 or 4 emails on one forum topic a day, without ever logging onto the site. Thank you Marc for listening to me rant and rave. Go with the default in the off position and the people who want it can turn it on, just like the banner idea................Thanks again.............C. Patton

Twmaster
01-12-2006, 02:57 AM
My vote for the 'default' is to return the emails to the way it previously was. Like others here I preferred there being the reply included in the email.

zappedalaskan
01-12-2006, 03:04 AM
I agree, I liked it the way it was. I still get the emails, just no message..
Mike P. if you read this, maybe we could start a poll about it :eek: :D
Regards,
Jay