PDA

View Full Version : My H-29 Vandy Is Done.

fr4nk1yn
07-13-2008, 02:12 AM
My H-29 Vandy1 had it's last flight tonight.
Earlier in the day I cracked the nose a little while flying from the wrong side of the filed with Ben again.
I aborted the landing, it was coming in hot again, and didn't have enough battery to do what I needed before it would've been strainded through the tree line.

A little hot glue and she was good as new.

I put in a new 1300mAH 3s battery I bought Friday, same as one of my others, and needed to move the battery back a little more. I thought "there's no way the hot glue threw the CG off that much".
When I came around for the first turn I knew something was different, The plane was much faster. I'd say at 2/3 it was as fast as full before. I spent a few slow laps trying to figure out if my other batteries were really that much worn, I've only balanced charged then since new, and went back to flying. Then I said "let's see what she'll do wide open".
Bad thought, It got away from me It headed for the power line a little behind me and to my left I rolled and started to pull up, i.e. turn away from the power line, too late, she was really cooking.
Clean cut of the right wing. She ended up 120 feet away from where the wing came down. With the tailerons I was, at least I think, able to slow the spiraling a little before the crash. Strange thing is besides the wing she's still ready to go (:

I'll miss this one.

Angler-Hi
07-13-2008, 02:18 AM
Sorry man. Got any pics? Just curious as to what kind of bird you're talking about friend. Do you think you'll get her or another in the air anytime soon?

fr4nk1yn
07-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Sorry man. Got any pics? Just curious as to what kind of bird you're talking about friend. Do you think you'll get her or another in the air anytime soon?Sorry, Photos were posted HERE (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=425361&postcount=436)

I'm not fixing it, I don't fix broken wings, I have a sorts hybrid thing O just happened to draw up plans for last night. I doubt it'll fly even half as good as this one did.

Angler-Hi
07-13-2008, 03:08 AM
She was lookin pretty sweet friend. Where did you put the battery and ESC? I noticed she had a full fuse on top.

fr4nk1yn
07-13-2008, 03:19 AM
She was lookin pretty sweet friend. Where did you put the battery and ESC? I noticed she had a full fuse on top.
The gear went under the canopy (: Everything in blue was retained with a magnet.

Angler-Hi
07-13-2008, 03:24 AM
That is such a sharp plane...or was:{. What kind of foam did you use to build her? Was it hard...measuring and cutting out the pieces? Sorry about the twenty questions, I just admire the idea of doing a scratch build.

Mike

fr4nk1yn
07-13-2008, 03:52 AM
I was typing something and forgot what, my current project is getting me frustrated.

It was built from blue foam with with glue, now I remember, it was spackled and polycryliced before painting. Not hard at all. I had fun building it, wish I was having fun building the replacement.

Plans are HERE (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738825)