PDA

View Full Version : Gordo---DHC-2 Beaver---Piper Pawnee 15e

clt12981
07-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Thought I'd drop a line or 2.

I live next to a lake, like 300 feet out the back door.

Received new Gordo yesterday. Wind blowing about 10mph, tossed it around quite abit. No big probs. Seems to be a nice plane. Will get back with more when wind lets up.

I also have a EP SeaWind. DHC-2 Beaver with floats and a converted Piper Pawnee 15e with floats. Being retired I fly nearly every day, if not off the lake than at Jaxs RC Club field here in Jacksonville, Florida.

My pride and joy is a Hanger 9 F4U Corsair with E-Flite POWER 60.

Will get back with more.

Chuck:)

firemanbill
07-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey Chuck, Welcome to Wattflyer!

Sounds like you have quite a fleet there! It also sounds like you are bringing a lot of experience to the table. Glad to have you aboard.:)

donjiskra
07-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Chuck,
You are going to have more fun than land flying!!!!
Nothing like float flying, WELCOME!!!!
Don

clt12981
07-17-2008, 02:37 AM

Hope I figured out how to post my fleet of water birds.

Chuck

clt12981
07-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Had a chance to take Gordo out today after strom rolled thru. Dead calm big black clouds in the sky.

Off we go, comes off the water nicely, climbs to 50ft. Trim out, hard to trim she keeps moving around. I think maybe servos don't always return to neutral, noticed this even on bench testing. Does slow rolls with full aileron travel, too slow for me. Flys inverted nicely. Try loops, and it snap rolls. Try slow wide loop, it wants to wing over at top. Have to get good downward run at full throttle to get it over top in slow loop.

Opps! Big black cloud leaking. Landing into little headwind coming up no prob. Stalls in very nicely, no bounce or anything.

Fun plane to fly. I don't recomend it for new flyer. May take my good servos out of SeaWind and try in Gordo.